Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NamesAnonymous.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought.

I think we should set up a NamesAnonymous group to help people like me to stop registering crap names.

Perhaps each of us afflicted could have a name brother/sister who we could call on - e-mail , whatever, when we think we have the name that the world will sit up and go WOW.

He or she can then be the voice of reason unless of course the name is actually good and then they take 50% of any profit.

I will be the first member- any takers?

NamesAnonymous.com is available - nooooooooooooo do'nt do it!

See, it works!

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol

i have a feeling it will be popular ;)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont get it

Can you please exlain your proposal?

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I stopped regging crap names some while ago already, sorry :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
I stopped regging crap names some while ago already, sorry :)

eeek,

I still am confused on what this meens..

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

What are you proposing?

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
:laugh:

What are you proposing?

It was a joke, along the lines of AA for addicted domainers!

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think we have started this community. :)

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dotus - you own luck.biz - that's a great name. For every bad name that you've registered - you probably have a good name as well. But it would help your pocketbook if you could only register good names all of the time.

I'm no expert and I have registered some duds myself. Most of my true duds are not even good enough to list on my website and I'll just let them expire.

I have developed the following system, which I've used with a substantial number of my registrations this year. Sometimes I've found myself registering a name when it doesn't fit all of my criteria, but I follow the guide below most of the time.
----

My Method for Choosing Domains
http://www.DomainTerritory.com.

1. Shorter and spelled correctly is better.

2. Product names are better.

3. Hyphens usually aren’t marketable, but there are exceptions. Electro-optics is an exception. Taking a look at which sites are actually developed – electro-optics beats electrooptics as far as what companies prefer.

4. Preferably make sure that it doesn’t have any trademark problems by checking http://www.uspto.gov.

• Registering a domain that is exactly or very similar to a strong trademark like ToysRUS - is not good and could wind the registrant in court fast.
• If it’s a weak trademark that is not that famous, sometimes registering that name can be okay as long as the end-user uses the domain in a totally different field as the trademarked name (i.e. finds a non-infringing use for the domain.).
• In general, it’s better to stay away from Trademarked names though.

5. I like to see if all of the extensions are taken by running a domain availability search at http://www.netsol.com.
• Let’s say that someone wanted excimer.us and they wanted to pay me $5,000 for it, but I said I wanted more. Well – if excimer.info was still available – the buyer could just go register excimer.info for as low as $9.95 per year at domain sites like http://www.godaddy.com.

6. Check to see if other extensions are developed:

• If I’m buying excimer.us, for example – I like to see how excimer.com, excimer.net, excimer.org, excimer.biz, excimer.info, excimer.co.uk, excimer.de, excimer.com.au – look.
• If these are developed sites, owned by companies, and look good, - then that’s usually a good sign.
• However, if they are still trying to sell the name in .com, .net., .org extensions – it probably means that you’ll have a hard time selling the .us or .info version.

7. Domain Extensions –
• .com, .net. org., .info, .biz, and .us are the best domain extensions to get.
• Most of the good .com, .net names are gone
• Most promising extensions seem to be .us, .info, and .biz. Technically, you’re not supposed to register a .biz domain just to resell it. .Biz domains technically should be sold with the rest of the business/assets and the registry could force the registrant to surrender the domain if the registrant doesn’t follow the rules. However, the registries don’t seem to be enforcing this rule for .biz that much
• I stay away from .tv, .ws, .cc., .bz, .tm because they are not very popular.

8. I run a check at http://www.suggestiontool.com – That tells me how many searches were run for a particular term on the overture search engine with a certain month. If the search term pulls up a lot of results on suggestiontool.com – then I know that it’s a good term. However, a low value on suggestiontool.com doesn’t always mean that the domain is worthless. Some domains that get 0 results on suggestiontool.com have sold for much money.

9. I run a search on Google.com to see how many results the name pulls up
Like for conduits.us - the word “Conduits” pull up 353,000 results. The more results pulled is usually better.

10. I compare the results of a particular domain possibility with the results from another domain possibility. (e.g. Compare results for Electro-optics vs. results for Electrooptics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom