Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NamesCon announces Las Vegas venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Need a few more sales then I will go :)

yes just need one sale for me and i'll hit 2million in sales this year.
BTW: all my domains are listed for 2 million each :pound:

fingers crossed :yo:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Stewie, you crack me up :D

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes just need one sale for me and i'll hit 2million in sales this year.
BTW: all my domains are listed for 2 million each :pound:

fingers crossed :yo:

I was about to say congrats with a great sale ...:lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Stewie, raise the price to $10 million.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, I'll start things off.

Look's like I'm going. Who else is in?

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
im going

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NamesCon far exceeded my expectations.

It was good to meet old friends again (Monte Cahn, Adam Dicker, Ron Jackson, John Berryhill, etc) and make many new ones, including Theo and Jersey Girl! Lots of good updates on Sedo and Afternic, domains and SEO.

The whole thing was a little odd in that the "new TLD" companies were the big money sponsors, but most of the attendees have no interest in them. It's no secret that each of them intends to keep the best domains of every TLD for themselves, so there is not any point to investors to play in their space. Many of the speeches seemed to be of the point of view that the world is just waiting for the .sky or .cycling TLD to come out before they buy, and I don't see that happening. Nobody would talk about the elephant in the room - the .WS and .Travel failures. We were relentlessly pitched that it's "the next big thing". The keynote speaker's last slide literally said "Question: Why? Answer: Why NOT?" I could have answered "why not", but since they were paying much of the cost of the conference I stayed quiet.

The biggest bummer was .XYZ's "opening cocktail party" actually meant that we had to stand in line to get a wristband to buy our own cocktails, which really annoyed a number of people. That's a really bad PR move. When questioned about this they said "oh, you didn't RSVP", but nobody (including me) was ever asked to RSVP, and it is shown in the schedule as a regular event. I didn't bother to go to the Tuesday night event since it sounded like another "wait in long lines for a $10 beer" event. They did provide free beer at the end of the sessions Tues and Wed night, however, and one of the sponsors brought lots and lots of doughnuts. Bottled water was always available, which was nice.

I would definitely do this again next year, but skip the after parties and make plans to meet elsewhere.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It was great finally meeting after a full decade, Dale. Thanks for the conversation and chat down memory lane.

The vibes at the conference were definitely positive, everyone took what they needed and more. I was able to get a better grasp of where the industry is heading to: upwards!

About the RSVP thing, it was in a separate email one had to act upon. I bought my first drink and the rest were on the house as I was on the damn list for a change :D LOL

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I came away from the conference with so much more than what I expected (hoped) from it.

Without a doubt, big changes are coming. You can hide from them or embrace them.

Theo, it was great to meet you. Juniper, I don't think we met but it will be something to look forward to next year.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Jack - I'm just now going through my list of contacts and you're in the top three I *must* keep in touch with. Just be patient LOL. The conference generated some amazing interaction and I'm glad we had the chance to sit down and talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom