Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

namescout

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello

I can`t transfer away a name from there, is there any secret lock in namescout, it always says, after I have approve the transfer

Canceled_-Domain_is_locked_at_current_registrar,_or_is_not_yet_60_days_

But its more than 60 days old and also I have removed the lock.

Has someone had similar experiences?

M

mole

IMO, NameScout is pretty fishy. I was researching .eu recently and found they were bitching about other people on their pre-reg schemes for .eu. Then I subscribed to their newsletter updates on .eu updates, and they tell me that they have to verify my email (the click on this link thingy). Then I get a verification email with ziltch. Thank god I was using my spamex spam tracing account.

In the early days of .info and .biz landrush, I noticed that NameScout was domiciled in some island in the Pacific or something. Never dealt with them. After today when something as simple as email verification blotches, never will. :dead:

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would renew the name in namescout, but they charge $25 fot it, for me is it cheaper to transfer it to enom for $6,95
Expiry Date: 2002-12-10 - is this expire date ok, I mean, I can transfer the domain away?

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've tansferred many names from namescout with little to no problems, mostly names caught by snapnames or landrush names. just make sure you transfer before the expire date or you may be stuck paying another year there.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adoptabledomains
I've tansferred many names from namescout with little to no problems, mostly names caught by snapnames or landrush names. just make sure you transfer before the expire date or you may be stuck paying another year there.

Ok, thanks

I have now started the transfer 10 times and every time same thing: Domain_is_locked_at_current_registrar,_or_is_not_yet_60_days_old

I contatcted namescout, but still no answer.

mastmnds

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Under some registers they have the option where you cant transfer this name to another registar. They make more money doing this.

H

hosting3.com

nah, they can only hold it first 60 days, and then 2 weeks before it expires.... other than that, if you want to transfer away (and there are no other stupid problems - name locked, incorrect email addresses on the file etc) they should let it go

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I managed to transfer it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom