Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namesecure.com the WORST?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is namesecure.com really the worst and most unfriendly registrar?

I have dealt with namecheap, enom, registerfly.com, and some others, but namesecure.com really takes the cake when wanting to transfer a domain to another namesecure.com user.

First off, you need to email namesecure the other person's WHOIS information and that must match exactly as they have it in their account.

Second, you must EMAIL namesecure the other person's username and PASSWORD. Who the hell is going to give their password out.

Namesecure does not have an internal transfer system, they are doing is manually, therefore I have to email them and they respond to me in 1-2 days. Every email takes 1-2 days. Not minutes, not hours, but days. I have emailed them several times and have never received a response in the same day.

I think their service is slow, control panel leaves alot to be desired, and are not willing to compromise on transferring domains to another namesecure user.

I just wanted to let my anger out on namesecure as I have not come across any other registrars that have such a system for transferring domains to another user on their own system.

Thanks

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
service is slow
better slow and secure rather stealing domain names some maniacs

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameSecure is actually one of the few that has been registering domain names since when NetSol was still the only registrar on earth. To be frank, they have not kept up with the market that well, esp. when you compare them to other reseller/speculator-friendly registrars like eNom. (Oh, by the way, RegisterFly and NameCheap are eNom resellers, so you are basically talking about the same registrar.) But to say that they are the worst, then many here would probably tell you that you ain't see nothing yet. But having said that, I have not been using them for like 4 -5 years. ;)

mantra

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, i'm sure there are many more registrars even worse than namesecure, but namesecure is the one giving me headaches today and I just needed to express my feelings against them..

-netPH-

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, i have to agree that their change of ownership is one of the worst, but still, not the worst compared to some... I've inititiated push today and it took 3 days and it takes a lot of hassle and emails... well anyway, what I have with them are the free .info's... not a big deal

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Talking about terrible ownership transfer, check out Register.com/NameBargain.com. :evil:

farhang

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
namesecure? strictly i would say they are one of the worst i have a long story with them 2 months ago i registered some domains with em (some .info) and everything goes
right one week after i came back to my account to see my domains but oops ..there was no domain when i checked them i finded them ready for register!! i contacted them and they said me register them again i did that and one week later?? same thing
hapened once they say this is a problem in the system once say that my creditcard has a problem but i use my credit card almost every day and has no problem even some of my other names when you check the whois you see my infos but they are not in my account i am completely confused now i escape even from their name!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom