Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

nameslave moderator???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words. ;)

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to nameslave.

Very good choice!

GL!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You make a fine addition to the moderator team. All the best!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously though, Congrats NameSlave!

You've got my respect. :)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave - does this mean that you now support the system of paid memberships on this forum?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
Nameslave - does this mean that you now support the system of paid memberships on this forum?

Yes I remember that You were against this? And now You are Platium and moderator? Really Amazing :eek:

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ì«ºÃÁË£¬ÒÔááÓÃÖÐÎÄŒ‘ÄãÄÜ¿´µÃ¶®†á£¿

:D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the kind words and support. And if you comb through my posts more carefully, you will know that I'm not a flip-flop type of person. When gregr rolled out the Platinum plan a while ago, I've made it very clear that it's not wise to charge just for browsing (which is actually in the interest of paid members). The Silver membership later became free to embrace this suggestion (of mine and others). I've also said that THEN WAS not the right time to start charging. Without sending you guys to the other board, this was what I posted on 03-11-2003:
I honestly don't think there is any room for debate on whether forums should be free. Paid forums DO WORK. The question is whether DNForum.com is qualified to be a paid forum NOW. My opinion is negative. I have made that clear from Day 1 at DNForum.com.

It actually surprises me that there are more than 100 paying members in such a short time; but that doesn't really help when DNForum.com needs WAY MUCH MORE than that to survive and grow.

Anyway, I'm glad that gregr actually listen to some of the feedback, probably from his paying members, to keep browsing free. This should at least allow the DNForum.com to stay afloat. Honestly, I don't want to see it go down.
But with the amazing growth of Platinum membership (which has since TRIPLED), I have already admitted that gregr might actually have a better grip of timing than I do at http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=200815#post200815. Now with the ownership change, I guess things will only get better. :)
Originally posted by yesonline
Ì«ºÃÁË£¬ÒÔááÓÃÖÐÎÄŒ‘ÄãÄÜ¿´µÃ¶®†á£¿

:D
yesonline: I can understand Chinese, but it took me a while to switch to the appropriate character encoding as I usually read and write in English (99.9% of the time) and have not set the auto/default thing with my browser. Please don't make me type in Chinese, it takes me at least half an hour for the line you just posted. :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gregr

Moderators don't pay for Platinum, they work for it. :)
I've TOLD Adam that you've always been nice and kind to me. ;)

M

mole

The more, the merrier :D But in my books, Pops still reigns as the role model of what a moderator's true dedication is.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
The more, the merrier :D But in my books, Pops still reigns as the role model of what a moderator's true dedication is.

true, poppers like a fart under a duvet. no matter what you do you cant get rid of him and you always know he's gonna linger around the place for hours :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom