Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

NameView (and others) massive registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any ideas?
I found freaking that names I added on my whois.sc account are being registered.
In the past I had the strange experience that name researched through nameboy were registered by some big catcher days after.
Are these companies suplying them with these lists ?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would Nameboy want to make a profit on someone using their research service?

And, why would Nameview (Vertical) or DomainNameSales (Name Adm) want to buy
leads on unregistered domains?

I am very cautious on where I do searches.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so, where do they get their list from ?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also have a name that I did search somewhere and end up almost got registered by Nameview (they dropped it after 5 days), but that's probably because its .net counterpart has already been taken. So I guess unless EVERY name on your search list is being registered by them, it's very difficult to even hint at any connection here. You certainly won't search for fdfdasfadfsdsfdfd.com, eh? Having said that, I only search with REALLY BUSY sites; so busy that even when they run a keyword filter, it would take them more than a day to scan through what's left for a day's search. :-D

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fischermx said:
Any ideas?
I found freaking that names I added on my whois.sc account are being registered.
In the past I had the strange experience that name researched through nameboy were registered by some big catcher days after.

i have the same observation many names i added to my whois.sc being registered by name view but donno anything about name boy

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do not underestimate whoissc. if u think about it for a second, u will realize that they are the part of 'name intelligence' after all :)

bottom line is, this 'industry' is incredibly competitive and everybody is greedy. so be no surprised that bigger players' are using every possible resource known to them - legal or otherwise.

lawpsych

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fischermx said:
Any ideas?

I have had the same experience with domain names that I allowed to drop, for one reason or another. Almost all showed up in the hands of one very big player. I'm interested in this issue, as well.

Best regards,
Sheila

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom