Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namewinner/Dotster Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems with Dotster getting your names to resolve to your nameservers in a reasonable amount of time?

For the past several weeks, when I win namewinner names and they are in my Dotster account it takes more than 3 days for them to resolve.

I switch an eNom/Namewinner nameserver and it is almost always done by the following morning.

Anyone else having this problem?

ps123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Register.com takes around 29 hours for .biz to resolve while the same happens at enom in around 15 hours. It depends on where you are accessing your site from.

I use alertra spotcheck, a free tool on alertra.com, that check a site from 6 different locations to see if the domain is resolving.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you hit CONTINUE at the bottom of the screen after you enter your nameservers or else you will find out the next day that they weren't changed and it's at the dotster parking page. :shy:

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that in the past it has taken seemingly forever for a Dotster name to resolve. This may have improved, who knows, but the last two Namewinner names, which I won on the same day, both got into my account that day and resolved late the next day or early morning after. As soon as the names were placed in my account, I changed the DNS immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom