Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

namewinner extended auctions and "grabbing" domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khashyar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I had an experience recently where there was a domain name that was in the extended auctions at namewinner...

However, I was monitoring that same domain name at godaddy.com, and godaddy sent me an email saying that there was a change in the status of the domain name and that its status had been changed to "active."

However, the registrar listed was not namewinner who renewed the domain name, it was another compay:

The registrar has been changed:
OLD: DOMAINPEOPLE, INC.
NEW: COMMUNIGAL COMMUNICATIONS LTD

Is there any chance that a domain name in namewinner's extended auction was not really "grabbed" by namewinner?

I also came across this infor from namewinner's website:

2. Extended Bidding
The Extended Bidding Period lasts for 72 hours unless the domain is not successfully grabbed. If no bids are placed between 9:55-10:00AM on the third day after a domain is successfully grabbed the person with the highest bid will be awarded the domain.

What does it mean that the auction will last "for 72 hours unless the domain is not successfully grabbed."?

Thank for your feedback,

Khashyar

Hi Everyone,

I just found out that namewinner also captures domain names through partner registrars, and so a domain that is in an extended auction might be registered to one of their partners during the extended auction period.

Khashyar

M

mole

Namewinner never "grabs" any names, you auction for the "hope" that they might grab it. In the past, that hope translated into as high as 30& you might get the name. Today, Namewinner gets close to squat on any good names.

Khashyar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole said:
Namewinner never "grabs" any names, you auction for the "hope" that they might grab it. In the past, that hope translated into as high as 30& you might get the name. Today, Namewinner gets close to squat on any good names.

Is this true even for the extended auctions?

I know this is true when you search for a name that is about to be deleted. But my understanding is that once a domain is deleted, and namewinner claims that they have "grabbed" a domain name and placed it in the extended auctions, then the winner of the domain actually does receive the domain.

This is what a support person from namewinner wrote me...

Khashyar

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom