Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameWinner instant registration problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just tried out the instant registration at NameWinner.

I checked availability through my normal registrar first - the domain was available.

I tried to register it with the NameWinner instant registration and it timed out.

Tried again immediately and it said the domain was unavailable and would I like to make a bid for it!!!!!

Checking with my normal registrar, it said that the domain was now no longer available, and the WHOIS of course says the domain can't be found yet.

One possibility is that it was in fact successfully registered, and although it isn't in my account yet, will eventually turn up.

I can't quite work out what the other alternatives are. May be it will get deleted during the next 5 days and become free again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Maybe I should write to customer care.

I only registered it to make sure my credit card details were ok! (maybe they aren't, but if not, I should presumably have got a message to that effect).

WebMomentum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi:

I tried it - got the same issue as you - logged into Dotster (namewinner's parent co) and the names were in my account

Cheers

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebMomentum

Thanks for your suggestion.

I tried this straight after trying to register the name and I have just tried it again.

No sign of the domain in my dotster account. :(

The whois record have however been updated now and show dotster as the registrar, but "no match" for the domain name.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dotNetKing
The whois record have however been updated now and show dotster as the registrar, but "no match" for the domain name.
Mm, hm. That's certainly happened before too.

I've just finished asking them repeatedly about a domain that for 6 months showed "no match" in the whois. They only recently listed themselves in the whois record, and I suppose I need to wiat for it to drop before I can do anything about it. They maintained it was in the "billing cycle", and its been there for about a year now... about... a... year... now... :rolleyes: I'm guessing they decided to take a loss on it, and unfortunately, I have to wait through redemption before there decision works its way out of the system again.

"Just finished" because I'm going to try and forget about the name as it will theoretically not be dropping until mid-June.

~ Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom