Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Namewinner Pending Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a name on my Watchlist at Namewinner that I was not the high bidder on. I bid a small amount and the notation next to it said "You are not the high bidder" with another link next to it to Place a Bid if you wanted to top the current bid.

This morning the status on that name changed to "Pending" with a winning bid amount about 5 times higher than what I had bid. It was my impression that Pending only showed in your Watch List if NW got the name for you. Is it true then that Pending will show up in everyone's watch list no matter who Namewinner got the name for - or am I about to get grossly overcharged for a name I didn't bid that amount on?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

This morning the status on that name changed to "Pending" with a winning bid amount about 5 times higher than what I had bid. It was my impression that Pending only showed in your Watch List if NW got the name for you. Is it true then that Pending will show up in everyone's watch list no matter who Namewinner got the name for - or am I about to get grossly overcharged for a name I didn't bid that amount on?

Yes it shows in everyone account.
You can see if You got the name by, clicking my bid history, then You see if You were the highest bidder

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When I checked my account it said the same "PENDING" for a few names I wasn't the highest bidder for. It probably shows in everyone's account...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's a relief! Thanks for the tips guys. Actually it is kind of cool that you can see what the name finally went for and what they are catching. It just startles you the first time when you think the pending applies to your own account only.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke,

Thanks for the feedback on that. I will suggest to the right people that they make that clearer.

I think it says pending while our back end systems sort out the details of charging the card and putting it in the winners account, if there is a problem with the card (i.e. it has expired since the bid was placed, or the final bid amount is over the cards limit, etc) then it may show as pending for a while while we contact the winner and get the correct details.

Mark......

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark - as I noted, I do like that you can see that NW caught a name and what it went for. There would be no problem if people were clear that Pending doesn't necessarily mean its pending for them.

daniel

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now if you were the high bidder and it said pending I would assume it as good as yours... I had 3 pending the other day that i was the high bidder and now they are in my dotster acct :)

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Daniel, glad to hear you are having success with Namewinner.

Mark......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom