Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

NameWinner Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, I don't know if anyone else had has this problem is the last few days, but I have

Name winner has added different registrars in addition to their own dotster.

when you win a name the can put them in other registrars, one of them is stargate. I have had some names that I won 3-4 days ago that show in the whois withonly the registrar and no name add etc....

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and if you have have you been able to access you domains in the non dotster accounts?

Thx,

Allen

Digital Address

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, some of the new registrars can take a couple of days.

Speaking of which, I just got my account login info on all of my names--at the different registrars!--in a single email from NW just yesterday. Some of the names were caught quite some time ago.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couple of days? I have been waiting exactly TWO WEEKS to get login info for one NW got for me at RGNames and I STILL don't have it. NW just says they are working on it. They said they would at least try toget the nameservers changed for me but they haven't done that either. The registration will probably expire before I ever get log in info from these guys!

mike_dp

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ouch, yeah NameWinner / Dotster are terribly slow lately with anything needed support wise.

I placed a bulk order for 25 domains thru namewinner, and the order timed-out, they registered the 25 domains, but took them 2 weeks to go thru the problem and get us our domains.

But anyhow I do have a question about other Name Winner Problems, wondering if anyone is experiencing..

I can place a bid on domains, and it seems to work.. but no bid, never shows up in my manage section, they are there, added to the watch, but who knows what I bid and if it even is really accepted?

I don't seem to be winning anything yet I don't see others bidding. Anyone else experiecing what I am talking about?
And have a clue what's going on?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting 10 days for log-in details on one of the names they got me. They're not answering my emails either.

mike_dp

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you are sending emails straight to @namewinner.com please know they turned off their old system. This is how extremely unproffessional they are. By leaving links up like this.

You have to login to your Dotster account, click on their customer support crap.. then you have to search for your problem (LOL Yes you have to make a search first... after you make a search and read (CLICK) one answer.. then you get the link to submit a question.. In 2 weeks from this time.. you will recieve a bs CS Reviewing flag... after another 4 years, you will receive a form reply and have your cased closed..

:)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mike_dp
But anyhow I do have a question about other Name Winner Problems, wondering if anyone is experiencing..

I can place a bid on domains, and it seems to work.. but no bid, never shows up in my manage section, they are there, added to the watch, but who knows what I bid and if it even is really accepted?

I don't seem to be winning anything yet I don't see others bidding. Anyone else experiecing what I am talking about?
And have a clue what's going on?

I noticed that I would make a $8.75 bid on a name and everything seemed to be accepted but like you, nothing in the manage section. However if I upped the bid to $10 hey-presto it would appear! I think it's a case of if you don't see it in the manage section the bid does not reach the current max bid (though nowhere does it tell you that) and you need to up your bid.

Anyone else agree?

mike_dp

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I can agree there, many domains I have bid as much as 25-30 bucks for and still nothing... Also whats the point of watching a domain if it doesnt list the price? seems like the price must go over 500.00 before it will appear... Starting to think there's a hidden clause where NameWinner isnt even bothering for these smaller domains, because I never win them.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed30
I've been waiting 10 days for log-in details on one of the names they got me. They're not answering my emails either.

Same here except that I have been waiting over two weeks now! The domain will expire before I get log in info from these people!

mike_dp

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can feel for you, They definately don't care to work on any support issues. Quite the opposite I have found.. A year or so ago, I had one of those bizarre problems where I could not get the ns records updated thru their system on a major hosting domain that was moved to new ip's. 5 emails and no response.. for 2 days... On another note, I had question about buying something on like that 2nd day.. I got a response in 5 minutes on what to do for that request!

A big tunnel of light appeared before my eyes.

I had 9 different email accounts at the time.. So I requested support from 7 of them for various things and information.
No response on these 7 questions ever.. Not even to this date
years later. On the other 2 accounts. I had requested information on making payment which would be income for them.. Sure enough both of those email were replied to within an hours time.

I quickly decided the majority of my related business will be done elsewhere, far away from them.

opportunitymagic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actnow, thank you for the link, I just emailed this person now, and perhaps with the clout that this forum has he may provide some immediate relief for us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom