Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

namewinner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey!

If I decide to put a 8.95 bid on a name that is set to expire in february, and they renew it, will I get my money back?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by icehole
Hey!

If I decide to put a 8.95 bid on a name that is set to expire in february, and they renew it, will I get my money back?

They doun`t charge credit card up-front, only if they win the name

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it possible to pay with paypal?

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is it possible to pay with paypal?

no

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are looking into possibly offering PayPal, the downside is that the charges to us are much higher than a traditional credit card processor.

Stuff is correct about us not charging up front. We only charge your credit card when we successfully grab a domain for you.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok =(

So there is now way for me to get a name if I have paypala and not a CC?

Is there any way you could make and exception and let me paypal you if i get it?

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Icehole: I don't have any automated way to do this and I just don't want to add my credit card to your Dotster account :D

Can you remind me nearer to the drop date for the domain and I will see if I can come up with a solution at that time.

Mark......

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok =(

So there is now way for me to get a name if I have paypala and not a CC?

Is there any way you could make and exception and let me paypal you if i get it?

Get the paypal debit mastercard. Works like a credit card online, but deducts from your paypal acct.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry

Get the paypal debit mastercard. Works like a credit card online, but deducts from your paypal acct.

you can't get a paypal debit card.....unless you have a credit card.

its a catch 22.

not to mention icehole is in sweden.

i'm going to order some disposable credit cards in a couple weeks so i can use namewinner.

plus they have one click registration, which is something i have been looking for as a "last chance" to hand reg a domain and try to beat snap.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Despite PayPals advertising, you can't have a paypal acoount in Europe without a credit card and you can't use the free personal service in any practical fashion. This is another example of an American financial service that seems to be designed to milk the rest of the world by charging high fees for reduced services. It's a shocking example of American business and reduces your international image.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainPairs
Despite PayPals advertising, you can't have a paypal acoount in Europe without a credit card and you can't use the free personal service in any practical fashion. This is another example of an American financial service that seems to be designed to milk the rest of the world by charging high fees for reduced services. It's a shocking example of American business and reduces your international image.

and you are forgetting that the market determines the fees/services. it is designed to make a profit. if the service is that bad another shall rise and defeat it. maybe you can get the EUSSR bureaucracy to subsidize something and call it europal, where anyone can join from anywhere regardless of how bad it is for business or how much it hurts the bottom line.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, actually I use my moms credit card ( I am 16), to transfer the money from my paypal account to bank, so thats ok.

I guess I could use her creditcard =)

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, you say Milk the rest of the world like it's a bad thing. It's that sort of action that only works to motivate someone in your neck of the woods to setup a competitor to Paypal, which in turn will make Paypal work to be more efficient and accomodating because someone's now cutting into their profits.

And anyways, they are a business - how does that hurt America's international image because it's working to make a profit?

-WC-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom