Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

National Security Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebMomentum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else see the problem with this?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/857361.asp?vts=011020030700

I'm all in favor of fundraising, but ... it seems to be extortion of the Military ...

"Because we can't secure funding, we are gonna put this experimental item on eBay and who knows what unfriendly nation might buy it and reverse engineer it and use it against us - so pay up suckers"

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look at it from the other side. I am sure this is their last line of defence before going under. I am sure they asked for funding from every source they could find, including the U.S. government. I am sure, since they have to sell it on eBay, the U.S. governement didnt think much of the device and the fact that it could be sold to the highest bidder. If you read "military" somewhere, dont think it means anything. The media no doubt has the power to make us think one thing or another and in this case, carefull placement of key words provoked your reaction. Trust me, if this device even smelled of anything of any importance to the military or the security of the United States, you would have never heard of it untill it was ready for deployement in the armed forces or any other governement agency.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see it as a security risk. If it had anti-gravity propulsion then, yes, it might be a security risk.

I'd bid on it, but can't afford it :D. Then again, your not even allowed to use it. I guess you could get away with it in remote locations, but doubtful. Besides, I think there would be problem with breathing if you used it. I would rather get myself a skycar from www.moller.com.

RMF

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok ok I tried to reg SoloTrek.com, I admit it

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have to lose 10 pounds and fly naked to be within limits. :eek:

So I won't be bidding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom