Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ND does not accept google typos domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroiz

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can't park google/yahoo typo with Namedrive because google is their advertisement provider

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i don't think you'll be able to park them anywhere. not sure, but maybe if you find a skenzo feed you might be able to monetize it

patroiz

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would stay away from Google/Yahoo typos if I were you, you could easily be banned...

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I cant beleive that ANY of you are giving this guy advice on how to park a Google typo! whats the matter with you? your helping someone commit an illegal act, unbeleivable!

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even though I'd hate to admit it, you're right what was I thinking.. DrPhibes I hope you know how dangerous holding/monetizing such typos is.

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DrPhibes I hope you know how dangerous holding/monetizing such typos is.

What is the worst possible scenario for this? I tought that TM owners ussauly just ask you to transfer the name over to them.. Has anyone had any worse experiences (like being sued or asked to pay some high compensation)?

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any worse experiences (like being sued or asked to pay some high compensation)?

yes it can happen - there are companies that will simply not settle with a hassle free transfer of the domain and will drag you all the way to court.
What's worse is that WIPO cases are being published on the internet and some Googling on your name might reveal that in the past you were accused of illegal practices online like typosquatting etc - so you can also forget about finding a good job too - most serious companies/employers will search your background before they hire you. TM typos is seriously something you want to stay away from

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the worst possible scenario for this? I tought that TM owners ussauly just ask you to transfer the name over to them.. Has anyone had any worse experiences (like being sued or asked to pay some high compensation)?

Yep.. Sued by a publishing company and ordered to pay $25,000.

freeconnect2000

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not pick on an 800 pound gorilla and see how mad it can get...LOL
Some people just don't get it.

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't get this point , if owning typos is that bad why can we park other typos.I see the same double standart on godaddy , you can not register a name including godaddy , if they can protect themselves they should protect everybody if this is illegal.

I cant beleive that ANY of you are giving this guy advice on how to park a Google typo! whats the matter with you? your helping someone commit an illegal act, unbeleivable!

STEPHAN

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like "Why do they still sell cars if you can kill somebody with it".

I would strongly advice to stay away from Google. They have a VERY good legal department. I got to know it and I consider myself a legal pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom