Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ND Downtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh.
Apparently my other post is gone about the downtime. Don't really see how it was self-advertisement. Sorry mods. Didn't know I wasn't allowed to. I'll edit my other post to make it non-advertising too.

It's been a couple of hours since everything was ballsed up. We may have the advantage of youth on our side, but we have also found that this was not just any DDOS attack.
It is becoming clear that this was a contract hit taken out on us designed to do us out of our livelihood and what we have spent so long to build up. We are contacting those people who need to be contacted about the necessary route to take legally-wise once this whole mess has been cleaned up.
I hate to say it, but we will be working on this for a while yet until it is up and running again at full capacity. I HATE to say it, but you are probably better off directing your names away from us for the short-term as we will probably be slow for a short while to come.
It is so fantastic that so many of you tried us out. This is a real kick in the teeth, but we will be back, fitter, stronger in a matter of hours, not days.

I could really be able to give the all clear in 30 minutes or 12 hours, it's hard to say. Our techs have been up for around 30 hours working on this. I just don't want to make the mistake others have made by saying 'stick in there, everything will be OK in 10 minutes... and then keep you holding on for 10 days...)

It is hard for me to turn people away after trying so hard to get you here in the first place!

I can only thank you and hope you come back to us
If you do stay with us and have been with us for some time so we an gauge your average daily earnings, we will naturally compensate you if you stay with us through this.

Sorry people.

We'll see you in the corridors of NameDrive again soon

Ed

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'll stick around.

And woud appreciate knowing who did this when its all said and done. I spent the first part of this week adding names, If they somehow make you lose your data, I'l be a bit pissed at them.

Good Luck with this.

Kevin.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry. I didn't touch on the point of compensation. We would love to say that we will pay you 200% of what you would've earned, but this sadly doesn't reflect reality. We will pay you what we believe you would've earned during the downtime, obviously erring on the side of being generous.
I know a lot of you tried us out from DNF and may not have had time to really accrue real stats from which we can make the payment.
I don't want to focus on compensation. I can just guarantee you that we are not stupid and will not benefit in any way from p-ing everybody off with measly payouts the first time we have to compensate anyone. On the other hand, we are not awash with cash like some other companies and this is already going to cost us effectively double our earnings for this 24 hour period, so we are sadly not in a position to dole out the cash in the hope you forget anything ever happened.
We'll do our best to do it fairly and sensibly, but our goal is first to get the bloomin thing working again! We're close, like I say, it could be 30 minutes, but I don't want to keep you guys hanging on.

Email me directly if you have any concerns and I'll my best to iron them out.

Watch this space, domaining people, this is not the end of ND.

Ed

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The other post was not gone just merged with the other thread.

-=DCG=-

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
The other post was not gone just merged with the other thread.

-=DCG=-

Oops. sorry. you can delete this thread if you like :)

Or merge it whatever's easiest. don't want to make a mess!

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems parking sites are a big target for DDOSes :(. Anyway, I'm sticking with you.

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domain is back up, albeit a little slow to load, but not too bad. I can also log into my control panel again. I hope the worst of it is over.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameDrive is alive again!

We are up again. 24 hours knocked out and the attacks are STILL coming in! Anyways, we have found a way to neutralize them and are getting back to full almighty power.

Thanks everyone who said that you'll stick by us. You are all fabulous. Oh no, I'm not allowed to use that word. You're all fantastic. We will deliver on all our promises and thank you again everyone.

Talking of delivering on our promises...

If the person who set up the DDOS is reading on this forum (a not unthinkable notion), then please keep an eye out for your window for an icecream van with an antenna on the top and big letters on the side saying "F.B.Icecream."

Yes, the FBI are on the case. Like I said. We know people. For all you other people, hopefully they will make a lovely video of the whole affair so we can all watch and laugh.

We are back up again! It will take a while to sort out all the mess (compensation etc.), but once the dust settles, you'll remember why you're here.. :)

Thank you everyone.

Ed

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So ...can I guy sign up and get going on a trial run?
Tedge :)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good to hear.

do share info as you get it regarding whoever was responsible for this attack/s

nts

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
Thanks everyone who said that you'll stick by us. You are all fabulous. Oh no, I'm not allowed to use that word. You're all fantastic.
lol. Glad to see you're going back up again :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, my CTR took a nose dive over the last 24 hours, but I'm assuming this is because the ads were taking so long to load and my CTR will be back up to normal for tomorrow....does this sound plausable?

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good job ND. It is only a matter of time, but these snakes will be caught. Maybe they will do jail time, and have to reimburse all their victims.

DD

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I think its time to name and shame.. if another party in the industry is causing these attacks or in some way financing these attack the community should know... however hearsay will have to be backed with the evidence. :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We will of course name and shame if we find who did this, but we are not pointing any fingers at anyone, let alone our direct competitors. I doubt (and would hope) that any of them would be vindictive (or stupid) enough to try and pull something like this off.
We're new on the market and don't want to go pointing the finger of blame all over the shop. We're going to do this slowly, methodically, legally and hopefully sucessfully.
Then the fun can start.

GT Web, that does sound plausible indeed. The dust just needs to settle on yesterday's stats.

Ed

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed , are you back to 100% now?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Searchsix.com said:
Ed , are you back to 100% now?

We certainly are, Mr Searchsix.

Everything's looking rosey. The attacks are still ongoing but they are as water off a duck's back now.

People in Europe may notice some slight lag, but we are implementing yet more bandwidth to accommodate the huge increase in (non-DDOS :)) traffic which will make things faster as of 5 hours' time. We are also investing in even more servers so that by the end of next week, we'll be quicker than ever before.

In addition to this, and in our bid to improve, as I say, on a daily basis, we have added yet more industry headers. I've given a brief overview of what's on offer below. We will soon be updating our categories and optimization system, but for now, the headers are chosen by selecting the category associated with it. We would recommend selecting the category to go with the domain name, rather than selecting the category with the prettiest header!

This is a cut-out-and-keep guide to the headers we currently have (with the assoicated categories):

Header................Image................Colour..............Associated Categories

Travel.....................Aeroplane...........Dark Blue.........Travel

Technology..............Laptop...............Light Blue.........Technology
...........................................................................Internet/Ecommerce
...........................................................................Science

Health & Beauty........Healthy man.......Light Green........Health&Beauty
............................................................................Nature

Home.......................House..............Dark Green.........Home

Finance....................Stock index.......Purple................Finance
............................................................................Careers Education

Gifts........................Gift..................Orange...............Gifts

Business / Law..........Law Court..........Turquoise............Business/Law

Adult.......................Lady..................Light red.............Adult

Consumer Goods........Smiling people......Blue/Green.........Consumer Goods

Leisure / Culture........Newspaper man....Inca Silver..........Leisure / Culture
..............................................................................Society

Sports.....................Sporty People......Red...................Sport

Other..........................The standard Plain header

That felt like a pioneering piece of foruming. Let it never be done again.

Email me with any questions or if this post has utterly baffled you.

Ed

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great to hear that you are 'master of your domain' again namedriver !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom