Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ND with spanish landing pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

josianpaunero

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulation ND.
The new spanish landing pages have increased the revenue for spanish domains. Our ND portfolio have increased around 20% the revenue.
Congratulations¡¡¡¡ great job¡¡¡
The comparation of SEDO and ND is very near.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What are the new "spanish landing pages"? Am I missing something?

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

Gracias Josian :)

We have simply implemented Spanish landing pages so that the 'Sponsored links for...', 'related searches', 'Enquire about this domain' etc. are in Spanish. We also have a basic Spanish portal which we will be developing in time.
These texts are also updated for our Italian pages, though we don't yet have an Italian portal.

Ed

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you would do in Chinese, there is a lot of Chinese traffic there, I would also give it a try...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about Hebrew?

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great stuff ND and Ed.

Can't wait to see the other languages in action.

Keep eating their lunch!

dillpupp

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow! Namedrive is on a roll! How does this work exactly? Do people in Mexico/Spain/Latin America automatically see the landing page in Spanish?
I just tried visiting one of my Spanish names but the results were in English..

French and Turkish would be fantastic too if possible.Way to go guys!

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dillpupp said:
Wow! Namedrive is on a roll! How does this work exactly? Do people in Mexico/Spain/Latin America automatically see the landing page in Spanish?
I just tried visiting one of my Spanish names but the results were in English..

French and Turkish would be fantastic too if possible.Way to go guys!

Im pretty sure they check the ip, if you look up an ip you can usually find out the country the user is in. Then you can just display the proper language

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it works on an IP basis. If you use a proxy to view the pages from a Spanish-speaking IP, then it shows the 'Related searches' 'sponsored links' etc in Spanish. It's not exactly ground-breaking, but it improves the quality for those viewing the pages from Spanish and Italian speaking countries.
What I am referring to here is the non-dynamic text on the pages 'related searches etc.' If you'd like them in Chinese and Hebrew, we'd be glad to take your translations for them and put them up on the pages. Everyone wins that way. Just send me a mail at [email protected] and I'll get you the texts we need.

Cue demands for millions of obscure languages :)

Ed

cayars

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why use the IP address instead of the user's language browser setting?

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or use both... I am in Japan but using an English browser. Geotarget the ads to "Japan", but use "English" as the language to determine the link text etc.

Google does this very well in its implementation of Adwords, which is why when I do Japanese-language searches I see a fraction of the ads that a Japanese user would (since many advertisers don't want to "waste" money advertising to an English speaker). Similarly, if I do the same searches from outside Japan, I see even less ads since many advertisers have chosen to market to "Japan" only.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fine Ed.

Can you please give us a deadline for translation of the dynamic portal in italian as well? I've got a lot of italian domains (as you know).

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Show some of those "great"examples.
Thanks.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Um. Not sure which examples you're referring to, Equalizer.
French is now up.
We also are working on an Italian dynamic portal, domainster. It shouldn't be too long, hopefully, as it's not a huge amount of work to translate the texts.

Ed

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
French is now up.
We also are working on an Italian dynamic portal, domainster. It shouldn't be too long, hopefully, as it's not a huge amount of work to translate the texts.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Spanish example(s) would be good.

Also, are the ads geo targeted, will a Spanish visitor see Spanish ads?

Thanks
- Rob

Equalizer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
French is now up.

Ed
Spanish Landers. (all in spanish) not just spanish ads.
TIA

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

The pages will only show in Spanish to a Spanish (or Latin American) IP. The ads are generated by Google and are geo-targeted, so there will be Spanish ads for Spanish-speaking. So if you use a proxy to see any of your parked pages, they'll show up in Spanish. They look just the same as our English / German ones, just with the basic text (sponsored links etc.) in Spanish.
Email me at [email protected] if you'd like a screenshot form a Spanish IP :)

Ed

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
Hi guys,

The pages will only show in Spanish to a Spanish (or Latin American) IP. The ads are generated by Google and are geo-targeted, so there will be Spanish ads for Spanish-speaking. So if you use a proxy to see any of your parked pages, they'll show up in Spanish. They look just the same as our English / German ones, just with the basic text (sponsored links etc.) in Spanish.
Email me at [email protected] if you'd like a screenshot form a Spanish IP :)

Ed

Email Sent.

- Rob

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
While we're on the subject of ND things: two little things which got updated today. Not lovely stats analytics, but makes things a bit easier to see, especially at this time of the month.
One is the 'last 30 days' in the drop down so this time of month doesn't get too messy when you hit 'daily stats'.
The other is the 'page size' box which allows you to choose how many domains you view per page. The current maximum is 100, but that will rise to 250 in the next couple of hours. This is only for the stats page at the moment as the settings page is a beast and we don't want to crash your computers. It will hopefully rise soon.
Enjoy.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom