Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Nda

Status
Not open for further replies.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,
I think I have an important issue here that I want to share with the community. I believe, that is, it is my opinion that NDA (Non-Disclosure Acts) are hurting the domain name industry. There have been many domain sales at prices great than the pubic is aware. What's the purpose of the NDA, to buy something in private without public knowledge. As a licensed Broker in my state I can tell you that not having that information available publicly in real estate would hurt the industry. Beer.com sold for 7 million, why did we not know this sooner? NDA's or other agreements. You see if the public could see all of this movement, all of the prices for prime domain real estate it could get involved, get excited and follow the flow. Unfortunately so much in our industry is done in secret? Why, there is no benefit to domain dealers. Buyers and sellers alike could benefit from a more public trading forum that discloses price. Rick Swartz has pointed out some of his high priced sales because he knows that it helps the business and his market. I for one, suggest that anyone in position to sell a high priced domain consider the impact of an NDA and how it could hurt your future sales by not providing any real historical data. Without this sales history domains are worth an emotional value not a factual statistic. I welcome your opinions, my thoughts are bases on my career and cannot see any benefit to NDA's for any market. Every so often you will see NDA's in all industries but the pattern we have is such that I feel it hurts our growth as an industry. Cheers,

Domain Days 2024

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of our domain sales are subject to NDAs, too. It's not the sellers or the
brokers who want to disclose the sales prices, it's mainly the buyers who don't
want their domain acquisitions to become public. In fact, all of our company's
$xxx,xxx sales are subject to a non-disclosure agreement, although the sales
would have been a good advertisement for our company. However, you should
not forget that it is important - as a broker - to get the trust of both buyers
and sellers. Trust comes with confidentiality. So NDAs do keep most good sales
back from the public, but they're also an important backbone of the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom