Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Need a German person to help "broker" me a domain name :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zymic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I will need someone who is German, or can speak German to contact an owner of a domain name I wish to buy and try to negotiate a price.

The domain name is a .com but the owner is from Germany.

This will have to be done by phone since he is not replying to my English emails, his phone number seems valid in the whois.

The domain name is a 5 letter brandable domain name which is NOT worth lots, so don't think this is a $xxxx name.

I wish to spend upto $300'ish but would like to know what he is prepared to sell it for first, e.g. don't tell him my max price, try to get the best deal.

If you sucessfully get a deal I will personally send you $100, that sounds good right? I have never done this before so I don't know if $100 (30% of max price) is a good price to give to a broker. I mean it could just take one phone call and 10minutes of your time.

I have tried sedo, but they would only contact him if I said I will be prepared to give the owner 70% of their appraisal price which was $10,000 <pffft! I then went on to say this is a stupid price for such a domain, they then replied telling me they have a 80% sucess rate - not suprising if they completely over-value the domain name - what owner would say no to $10,000.

Anyway, please get back to me about this, I will not tell you the domain if you are not interested.

Thanks

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi zymik,

I am from Germany and I might be able to help you out.

However, if Sedo appraises the domain at $10K I am pretty sure it is worth a lot more than $300.

Feel free to send me a PM including the domain you would like to acquire and I can give you an estimate of the domain's value, too. So you will have two appraisals that you can compare.

It would not be surprising if the domain owner was not responding because you sent him obvious lowball offers.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i would also not respond to low ball offers so its ovious

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sehr lustig - ich finde dreihundert ist ein " low baller ".

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ich auch :)

zymic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I said I didn't low ball him, I sent him "interest emails" you don't even know what the domain is! $300 IMO is a very good price for it, .com was only taken, the word is completely made up and theres 565 results on google for it.

zymic

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dodo1 said:
Since I know the domain now I can tell you it is not worth $10,000 at all. That Sedo appraisal is 100% crap.

Hehe I knew it would be before purchasing their service, but seeing as Sedo is infact a germany company, I would of thought them contacting the owner would be fairly easy, but I didn't realise they wanted atleast 70% of the appraised price - it turns out they wanted atleast a $7000 offer else they wouldn't bother contacting the owner - pfft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom