Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need advice from the experienced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Folks,

Need advice from the experienced group of domain sellers here. I have recently received an offer from "Hanley Group LLC" re: sale of CastBallot.com.

Given the vast competition and fraud in today's market, I am not sure if this is legit or not. Does anyone know about this "Hanley Group LLC" or have any experience with this person/company?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Sam

Domain Days 2024

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No experience with that group. But if you want to email me parts of the email sent to you (excluding certain information if you want) I will be glad to look at it.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Andrew,

Thanks.

Can I pm you?

Sam

YOYOYO

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, I've gotten emails from them in the last couple days sent to 2 different addresses and I imagine others have also

the only thing I found on google so far about them, if it is the same group is a page where they claim to buy houses, so now maybe it's domains.

http://hotproducts.alibaba.com/manufacturers-exporters/Cash_Box/5.html

I'm not selling any, but if you want to sell, just contact them to see if they follow up, and if they make an offer you like, use an established escrow service for the transaction
----------------------

goes like this

Hello,

"This is a serious inquiry."

Sorry to bother you, however I would like to ask if the yourdomain.com domain name is for sale.

If so, please respond with your asking price. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time.

Hanley Group LLC.

-----------------------

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it seems that they send out emails to alot of persons, asking if ther domian is for sale. I don't think you will get much out of this.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it seems that they send out emails to alot of persons, asking if ther domian is for sale. I don't think you will get much out of this.

You are right. Haven't heard from them yet.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, I've gotten emails from them in the last couple days sent to 2 different addresses and I imagine others have also

the only thing I found on google so far about them, if it is the same group is a page where they claim to buy houses, so now maybe it's domains.

http://hotproducts.alibaba.com/manufacturers-exporters/Cash_Box/5.html

I'm not selling any, but if you want to sell, just contact them to see if they follow up, and if they make an offer you like, use an established escrow service for the transaction
----------------------

goes like this

Hello,

"This is a serious inquiry."

Sorry to bother you, however I would like to ask if the yourdomain.com domain name is for sale.

If so, please respond with your asking price. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your time.

Hanley Group LLC.

-----------------------

YOYOYO,

I received exactly same email except difference domain name(which was CastBallot.com). It reminds me of the previous fraud in which spammer was targetting domainers with the same technic and asking them to buy appraisal from his company website before he can make any offer to buy the domain.

Sam

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can definitely be sure that their mail is most likely untrue.

Ubiquitous

Since 1997
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they ask you to get an appraisal then it's probably a scam.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe these offers to be genuine .. but serious lowball offers come back.

ie $1000 for a good LLL.com or $450 for a bad one ? way below reseller pricing. But I suppose if someone takes them up on it .., then they got themselves a bargain.

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No news.

Haven't heard anything yet.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom