Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need Advice from Website Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have got a website 3d movie .com , I am getting about 5 to 10 people signing up for to be the member, as it varies on the day. Although I have over 700 members since last 6 months, I have not monetized them at all. So I need your advice, what should I do?

Right now on adsense, it makes about .50 to 1.50 a day, it depends on days. The traffic is about 200-300 visitors per day. I have only 2 adsense placements, thats all.

They all signing up to watch movies, or read reviews. Only for movies, that I know, 3d movies.

Any suggestions are welcome.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Use your list and an Amazon / movie ticket buying affiliate to send out new releases on bluray that are 3d and also upcoming movies in theaters that are 3d.

The hard part is building the list, now the easy part is monetizing it.

Also, since your AdSense is pretty bad with that many U/V, I would put focus on your list by moving it above the fold to right sidebar or center content area (not seeing the design, don't know best placement) as your 700 list can exponentially grow.

Another way to make your list grow would be installing a Facebook Connect plugin that gets them to join the website / list with 2 clicks. By having them connect to your app, you can also build a social presence on FB by setting up a fan page for your site and inviting them to like your page with the emails provided (bulk up to 5000 in the admin interface). This will increase your social traffic a bit and even more if they like/share a post from your fan page to their friends.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only advice i can offer is...

make sure any fb link opens in new window

cuz, they like :) taking your visitors away

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most if not all connect apps open in a new pop-up displaying the info the app is requesting (name, email, etc) with an Okay/Cancel button. If they hit either one, takes you back to your site logged in or not. No worries there. ;)

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with David Walker, put up affiliate links.

You can also limit the number of movies to watch by free members, and charge extra fee for premium members if they wish to watch more movies.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can also limit the number of movies to watch by free members, and charge extra fee for premium members if they wish to watch more movies.

This is good for building members. I used to have a flash games site that allowed people to play 5 times as guests, then require you to signup to continue. It had a really good conversion rate to members.

yru

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CPA Gateways are pretty popular with these kinds of sites. Basically they lock the content until the user performs an action, such as filling out a small survey. I don't know if they still offer a CPA gateway, but https://www.cpalead.com/ was the leading network to offer this at one time.

You should be careful about using Adsense on a streaming movie site like this. From my understanding it is against their TOS and many have been banned with similar sites

seikan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Max up your Adsense's banner to 3. Also, all some affiliate links as suggested by other user. After that, try to promote your websites to increase visitors. You can add in referral system so member can refer member and enjoy benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators