Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need Advice - Letter from Sedo Broker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamloops

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just received this letter how would you answer it. I find it odd I would not just get an offer via my parked page at sedo. I would never sell the name for the low offer he gave me

Dear Mr. xxx,

I am contacting you in regards to the domain name xxxxx. I currently have a client interested in obtaining the name, and as such would like to extend an offer of $ XXXX on his behalf. If you have any interest in a sale, please let me know. Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

xxxxx
--
Sedo.com, LLC

xxxxx
Domain Broker

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
let me know the name and the price he offered. in that way, i can help you better

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When dealing with a broker, consider this (which can be a hard lesson):

What if the other party approached the broker and stated that they were willing to go $25,000.00 to secure your domain name? Typically, the broker, acting in the interest of the intended buyer, needs those numbers to negotiate as the buyer's representative.

The broker contacts you and states they have a party interested in your domain for $5000.00.

You say you want $12,000.00. You and the broker settle on $10,000.00.

The broker contacts the client and says, "I've got great news! They will sell for $20,000.00! You saved $5,000.00 by going through us!"

Where do you think the other $10,000.00 went?

Gee, wouldn't it be nice to think that this never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom