Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need advice on programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Hi guys, I'm going to start to learn programming next semester, and I need some advice. What is the best language or course that would help me to write scripts. What's the best way to start? I don't want to learn a language that's going to be out of style in a year. I always think of the guy who graduated a 2 year typewriter repairman school with top honors, now there's a reason to drink. I want to be able to use and make money with what I learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about programming, but I know C++ would be a good thing to learn. A friend of mine began his journey into programming by reading "C++ for Dummies". He says thats a great book to get started.

RMF

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
C++ is a good language to get you started, after that, read some algorithm books, once you understand/know the algorithms, you can program in any languages with just a reference book.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, C++ is a great language to learn. Your knowledge and experience with C++ can be applied to help you pick up web based programming languages like PHP or ASP.

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say start with C++ or C whichever is offered. Like llew said once you learn C++ and understand how to structure things, then learn some of the algorithms and you can pick up just about anything else after that.

K

kingdon

Well I will do the C++ and go from there. Thanks for the advice, I will try to get an A. Take care and bye bye for now.

Don

Lord Baltimore

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You might consider Visual Basic and ASP. VB for the day job. ASP for the web development you want to do for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom