Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

need Advice on selling to a SCHOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
An online educational site/school owns the .net & .org extensions AND the pural for the name for the .com extension that i possess. It is more viable to sell names to an end-user, however their WHOIS information is under private registration. Their website does not have a contact mail either. What are the next steps that i can take? AND can i be faulted if i do contact and try to sell directly? The domain name is not a trademark name.

Domain Days 2024

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not punch the school name into google & see if you can find any contact info for the school somehow....... OR use old whois data & for one of their domains & see if you can come across one that shows before they had private registration details. (I have a subscription to domaintools.com whois history so I'd be happy to do this for you if you want to PM me one of their domains). :)

dotbidz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ever heard of a phone book??? they can do wonders.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, the domain in question is FBS (FOREX Business School) which are currently using the names eforexmarket.net & .org, and eforexmarkets.com

The parent company is Learn2Know.com

It is an online Forex trading school which just started operating recently in mid-Sep'06. I appreciate advice from anyone.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i received an email reply from their Senior VP on my offer, and would discuss it at the company's next meeting and he countered my offer continuing with the following:

This is an exclusive invitation to join the FOREX Business School
Partner/Franchise Program.

Information is available about the partnership opportunity at
http://www.fbspartners.com/Register/ including the terms of agreement; and
on the partner website: www.FBSPartners.com

We have already signed-up several partners by private invitation only.

How do i counter, and proceed from here? What should i do in this case?

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like they don't get it...

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
apparently so, thats why i need help on how to negotiate with this end-user. anyone?

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would send a well written letter to them (in the mail, possibly by Fedex - people will pay attention to anything that arrives by Fedex). Tell them this is the only time they will have a chance to buy this name, that is makes complete sense for them to have it, and if they don't one of their competitors very well may buy it. You really need to paint the picture for people who don't get this world we live in.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom