Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need Advice on What to do about locked domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am having a hell of a time with the company I purchased my domain name from.

They have locked me out of my domain management tool. I can't contact them to clear anything up. They don't answer thiere phone support and their ticketing system doesn't send out emails.

All my domains are hosted with them and I don't have access to them anymore.

How can I move my domains from them to anthoer host, All my domains were in locked mode. but I own them and they are all paid up to date.

Anyone know how I can force a transfer? I will never use this company again but until I can figure out what to do I am stuck!

Please help!

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You say that your domains are "hosted" with them, did you buy them as a part of a hosting package? If so you may not be the registrant of the domains and that could give you big trouble.
On the other hand if you mean that they are "registered" with the company, an ICAAN Registrar, it would probably be best to post the company name here and ask experiences/advice/instructions from other members who may be using/have used this company.

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rixride00 said:
Hey Guys,

Anyone know how I can force a transfer? Please help!

Any help given should not go this route. Too many questionable transactions lately. I would advise to keep trying the current strategy of trying to contact their support.

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:
You say that your domains are "hosted" with them, did you buy them as a part of a hosting package? If so you may not be the registrant of the domains and that could give you big trouble.
On the other hand if you mean that they are "registered" with the company, an ICAAN Registrar, it would probably be best to post the company name here and ask experiences/advice/instructions from other members who may be using/have used this company.

No they are registered with the company. I had access to all the info, contact name, billing, admin etc... but they have disabled it. I have been a loyal customer for almost 3 years and haven't had a problem. All my domain names are paid up to date and I have money in a credited account on their site.

Its been almost a week and they are not answering online tickets or thier technical phone line.
I just sent another email today and will leave another message, but I am not sure how long I can wait...

Are you saying their is a way to force a transfer? I just want to know if I can't resolve this, I can get my names back and they can't hold them hostage.
Thanks

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still haven't heard anything from them, Not an email, a phone call , nothing...

The site is www.jumpdomain.com

You know if there was a problem, I would at least think they would contact me to discuss it. I have left voicemails with my personal cell phone to call back, emails, put in tickets (that don't email me confirmations) etc...

I am getting a bit worried, is there nothing I can do to get my names back?

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could try contacting ICANN about them.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
definately.
You should contact ICANN right away.
Also, depening on the extension of the domains (i.e. if you have .biz/us or .info) you could also contact neulevel and afilias.

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Vivvy, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a few more days, then I will take everyone elses advice and contact ICANN.
I have been using them for almost 3 years and this is the first time they have been this unresponsive.

Thanks guys, I thought I was stuck.

deepstar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I doubt ICANN will do much about it. It does not look like they are ICANN accredited as they probably resell. Even sadder is that I have actually had issues like this with ICANN accredited registrars and ICANN does nothing to fix the situations.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are your domains just "locked" at the registrar (reseller?) or are they truly in registrar-lock status at the registry?

Big difference ... check at http://registrar.verisign-grs.com/whois/

If they're not in registrar-lock status, just request transfers ... often the best time is when the losing registrar / reseller is having "problems" - less chance of them trying to nak the requests; they're not supposed to under ICANN's new policy, but many registrars do what they want, but I digress.

Ron

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you should contact Tucows, or which ever registrar your domains are at?

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now it's time to start writing some letters. I would list everything that happened and request they fix your account. Send them certified mail.
I would also CC ICANN and whoever they are reselling for.

Email them the letter(s) as well.

Create as much of a paper trail as possible.

Good luck with this

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rixride00 said:
They are in Registrar Lock, so doing a transfer request is a no-go..and yes, THEY HAVE STILL NOT CONTACTED ME! ARGHHHH!!!!

rixride000,
If this is not solve yet. Send me pm or get in touch with.

Cheers,
EM

rixride00

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TheWatcher said:
rixride000,
If this is not solve yet. Send me pm or get in touch with.

Cheers,
EM

It has not been solved yet, I haven't heard from them yet either! Please check your pm...

Oh and I found out that I might not be the only one.

http://www.kansascity.bbb.org/commonreport.html?bid=99125590

I guess I will be soon added to that list of unsatifactory replied to compliants. I have written them a letter and will be sending it out shortly.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firstly, you're dealing with a seemingly shady company ... Jump Domain postal address, even in their corporate filings, is a MailBoxes, Etc. maildrop - 790 W. 40 HWY #197, BLUE SPRINGS MO 64015.

Worse, the agent name may be bogus (or perhaps is a partial name [ie. middle and last]) ... agent is listed as Scott Ison.

https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/Corp.asp?621690

With that said, Jump Domain does not appear to be an accredited registrar - your domains are very likely actually registered with Tucows ... contact Tucows and explain you want to transfer them out - either to another registrar, or at minimum, to another Tucows reseller so that you can administer your domains - no matter what Tucows tells you, get your domains away from Jump Domain.

Become a real pest, if that's what it takes, and *call* Tucows a lot - hopefully their customer support will help you the first time, but sometimes persistance is how these things get solved - try email, etc first, but if no adequate response ... use the phone and tie up their staff - that way Tucows is forced to deal with the problem as opposed to putting it off indefinitely.

Tucows Inc.
96 MOWAT AVENUE
Toronto, Ontario M6K 3M1
Canada
416 535 0123
[email protected]

Ron

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice input you got there Ron.

I checked his domain name, it is under enom database. I already sent email to customer support to assist rixride00 regarding his domain name. Hopefully I can get a quick feedback from support.

Em

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My bad on the registrar - I based my answer on searching I did on Jump Domain.

Still, the approach should be the same, just that he'll need to deal with Enom ... or perhaps Tucows too, since some of his domains could be registered through other registrars - certainly a possibility given what I've learned so far about Jump Domain.

Good to hear you're assisting - great to see folks helping other members here :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom