Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Okay, I registered a domain which expired a couple of weeks ago, and of course I get all of the emails for this domain name. I guess what is going on is that the person who used to own the domain name used to sell illicit goods and stole money from these guys who are emailing hate mail to the address. Now I get an email yesterday from this guy who is p*ssed and says that he has my name and address (which I guess he got from the WhoIS), because he stated my full name and threatened me that he was going to send letters to all my neighbors and family telling them that I am selling drugs or anabolic steroids as he put it, unless he gets his money back.

I tried to explain to him the situation that I just acquired the domain name, I do not use, sell or codone the use of anabolic steroids and to please refrain from such action and he may call me to discuss this if he wishes.

He then replied stating that I had 24 hours to comply and that he already posted my name, address and phone number on various "steroid message boards".

I then warned him that I am forwarding these messages to my attorney and that if the posts are not corrected immediately I would pursue legal action against, because I really don't need crap like this indexed on the internet, when my business is based here.

He responded that his uncle was a lawyer and that he would see me in court.

Is this guy for real? First he engaging in illegal action by soliciting anabolic steroids on the internet, and then he slanders me for no good reason. WTF?

What do I do now! I need this stopped ASAP.

cshel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
He responded that his uncle was a lawyer and that he would see me in court.

People who actually have counsel do not say things like, "My uncle is a lawyer."

I'll let the real attorneys tell you how to stop/correct this problem.

Good luck!
Carolyn

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
cshel said:
People who actually have counsel do not say things like, "My uncle is a lawyer."

I'll let the real attorneys tell you how to stop/correct this problem.

Good luck!
Carolyn

Yeah, but how many people do you know that solicit steroids on the web? He's probably crazy, who knows what he'll do.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"He responded that his uncle was a lawyer"

OOoooooohhhh... My brother's ex-wife's aunt's best friend's cousin in Brad Pitt's hairdresser.

That's why chicks dig me so much.

Crazy people live on as much fuel as you are willing to provide them.

Basic neurochemical reality - you know the experiments where they put a rat in a cage with a button, and every time the rat pushes the button he gets some kind of positive brain stimulation?

If you don't want to play with him, don't give him a button.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
"He responded that his uncle was a lawyer"

OOoooooohhhh... My brother's ex-wife's aunt's best friend's cousin in Brad Pitt's hairdresser.

That's why chicks dig me so much.

Crazy people live on as much fuel as you are willing to provide them.

Basic neurochemical reality - you know the experiments where they put a rat in a cage with a button, and every time the rat pushes the button he gets some kind of positive brain stimulation?

If you don't want to play with him, don't give him a button.

You're probably right. Everytime I reply he comes back with some juvenile counter. The last email I sent him after he replied that his uncle was a lawyer was stating that I'll be anxiously awaiting the court order to appear. My main concern is obviously that I don't want be slandered on the net. My WhoIs info has my name, company name, address and phone number. As well I don't people pulling up a search thread with that info next to my wife's SE thread either, as she gets alot of leads from the net being a realtor.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
You're probably right. Everytime I reply he comes back with some juvenile counter. The last email I sent him after he replied that his uncle was a lawyer was stating that I'll be anxiously awaiting the court order to appear. My main concern is obviously that I don't want be slandered on the net. My WhoIs info has my name, company name, address and phone number. As well I don't people pulling up a search thread with that info next to my wife's SE thread either, as she gets alot of leads from the net being a realtor.

I would bounce all emails sent to the domain in question back to the sender so that when the rat pushes the button nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom