Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Need all in one CEO, and a few comments from others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Can someone help me complete this website and take it to the next level?

www.JobWantedAds.com where the job seeker says what he wants NOT the employer!

I already have the programmer and the designer. I need someone to take charge and write the 'copy' and fine tune the entire site as well as the 'concept', and take it to the NEXT LEVEL.

Here is the concept:

1. This site www.JobWantedAds.com works like a 'reverse' Dice.com/ Monster.com/ HotJobs.com.

2. You see the 'job seekers' posting the ads, NOT the employers.

3. Profiles of the job seekers (in a condensed form after hiding the privacy info) will be displayed publicly so that prospective employers can find them FREE of cost unlike other job sites mentioned above. Thus by improving the chances of getting a job. Dice for example charges around $1,000 per month to the subscribing employers. This, in my opinion limits the 'scope' for the job seekers.

4. Now most of the 'functionality' is already working but needs a lot of face lift, copy, logo etc.

Anyone here likes the concept and would like to help me complete the rest of the site and launch it?

Once the site is completed, we need to gather 'real' data from the job seekers in beta and launch it!

Any comments on the concept and or the suggestions to improve the site are welcome.

P.S> Feel free to post some test data. Thanks for doing the same :)

thanks,

roseau

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll have more suggestions later but off the cuff,you should fix the logo, I think

each word should have a capital letter

JobWantedAds.com

it doesn;t look professional plus for some reason, the word "dads" sticks out the way it is now - lol

NameMatters

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thans and yep, my team is working on this :)

thx,

roseau

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Like I said before, as I have a few minutes to spare, I'll add more comments for you but for now:

1. I do agree that if you charge the employers too much, the potential for employees getting a job is severely restricted

2. I think people would get more unadvertised jobs this way because
a) employers will be searching with an idea in mind and might hire someone
b) people are not fixed into this mould of a particular resume but rather what they need in return for their skill set
c) there may not be the need to lie or embellish their skills since the employer is not controlling the environment
d) a lot of employers will add positions or make a position based on the skill set they see - and likewise if they have been thinking about adding a particular position but have been procrastinating, seeing someone available might push them into hiring them

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well I definitely like the idea here! I've always wanted to be able to do the same thing myself, me being quite unique ;), and always up for a job that's at least more interesting/fulfilling than the regular mundane/"work ur ass off for shit" job... :rolleyes:

A few questions/suggestions, NameMatters:
- how do u intend to monetize the site? Is this purely going to be ad-driven? u mention that prospective employers can find the employees for FREE. So employers dont pay. Then do the profile posters pay then??? that's not right. Interesting idea: Maybe do it the way a job agency would - the search is free, but if a match is found, charge a certain % of the hiree's salary...
- and yes (this is the second person mentioning it), u need to fix the logo. Can u see the fuzziness around the text and pic of the logo? Doesnt really look too pro. (Hint: this is often a problem with low-quality jpgs)
- I suspect that if u were to market it, that this would really be for the more "exclusive", or "specialized" jobs, rather than the run-of-the-mill stuff... For that, i doubt the employers would want to come running here to wade through the free-form text here....

IDEAS4

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with trig on all points (except one - where honesty is required in the "match for a percentage" point - if there is no one to follow up and make sure someone pays - that falls down)- I think the concept is interesting, but the business model needs to be tweaked to generate revenue, either from a monthly subscription for posting (employees) and searching (employers) - or free to post, cost to search - including an "instant" notification to an employer of a prospective employee with a set of skills posts to the site, something like that. My2cents

trlg

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with trig on all points

nice to see great minds think alike! :smilewinkgrin: oh uh, it's tr(L)g, actually. No matter - the 'l' is very easy to mistake for 'i' in this nick...

(except one - where honesty is required in the "match for a percentage" point - if there is no one to follow up and make sure someone pays - that falls down)
yeah, and i agree with you on this one as well! Forgot to put that in.

I think the concept is interesting, but the business model needs to be tweaked to generate revenue, either from a monthly subscription for posting (employees) and searching (employers) - or free to post, cost to search - including an "instant" notification to an employer of a prospective employee with a set of skills posts to the site, something like that. My2cents

I would probably advocate "cost to contact" at best. Free to post, free to browse, free to search.... "Cost to post", and "cost to search" present an initial hurdle already, and unless u have made ur case strongly to the customer (seeker, or employer), i think the cash is pretty much lost already...

nubhost

Level 4
Reaction score
hey you should have like a cost to post and also include in that cost to post, for the employees and then use some of that money to do back ground checks or something. so that way the employers are getting something by searching yours. i was thinking that after i posted on it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom