Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need Broker Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channing

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain that fits the name of a private foreign airline (non-English) and their present domain name is a .net and not their actual airline name.

I tried to contact them a few times from WHOIS info, but no replies and I don't want to seem spammy to them.

Basically, I need a reputable broker with international credits.

Sedo turned me down because they fear TM issues, which is ridiculous because the name the company is using, and my matching domain name, consists of generic dictionary words that could be applied to other things non-airline related.

Does anybody have any specific broker recommendations who I can contact?

Thanks!

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Sedo turned me down because they fear TM issues, which is ridiculous because
the name the company is using, = my matching domain name...

consists of generic dictionary words that could be applied to other things non-airline related!

Well, by your own logic... you have a problem then. If the name could be applied to other things non-airline related - then you'd better try peddling it in that arena... trying to sell it to the company with the exact same name IS a TM issue, generic words or not....

General Motors
International Business Machines
Mountain Dew
Apple

...ALL consist of generic dictionary words that could be applied to other things... and one would have to be completely daft to think they could sell any domain made of those words to the companies mentioned...

Sorry, but you will not find a REPUTABLE broker that will touch this... that's kind of what makes them reputable.

You posted this in the Legal section, no idea why... maybe deep down you know this is the wrong thing to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom