Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need Domain Sale Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to sell a ccTLD domain that I own and was wondering if anyone could send or direct me to a standard legal agreement for transferring domain ownership rights to another party? I'm looking for an agreement that specifically ensures that I am no longer associated with the domain or responsible for any issues arising out of use of that domain.

Thanks!

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I bet John Berryhill, one of the lawyers listed at the bottom of this forum, can help you out with one of his forms as he has done it at least one or two times I'm sure ......lol

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There was a free including an NDA being offered here by Rockerfeller as I recall.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...and then after using a standard agreement written for some other purpose, one finds out that the particular ccTLD in question has some odd transfer rules.

I generally don't respond to requests for "standard agreements". You'd be surprised how often a situation is not "standard".

Now, it may well be that some random form agreement, by complete chance, is just fine for your situation, your country, your state, or the state or country of the other party, and not to mention the country which runs the ccTLD.

But when I see the all-purpose, all-jurisdiction, all TLD, "standard" agreement that does what parties in any random pairing of places on the planet want it to do, I'll be one surprised person.

Consider the permutations among:

Buyer location
Seller location
Registrar location
Registry location

...among, say, 100 odd countries.

In which one do you want the agreement to be effective?

That's just one question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom