Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need encouragement :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

This may sound pathetic - but I need a little encouragement in the domain game. I have made a couple of sales, but really need to get the sales going again. Any words of advice or words of encouragement? I could really use them.

Thanks,
Christina

Domain Days 2024

CashCowDomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Christina,

You can do it! Be agressive and contact relevant parties on your domains. If you are waiting for sales to come to you, sometimes they will, but if you really want to sell, researching potential buyers and contacting them may just spark the interest you need to close the deal and make a sale or two.

Good luck!

Roy

PS Feel free to PM me or post a list of your names/stats/rev if available and what you are asking for them. I am always buying.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Remember, the domain business, just like life, is full of countless ups and downs. One minute you will be rejoicing over a sale and the next you will be swearing about a missed opportunity or the lack of sales. Don't let it get you down, just keep gaining experience - reading posts on DNF is a great way to do this - and setting and then reaching attainable short term goals.

I know from experience, you can waste your time and money on many projects, but you only need one good investmant/sale to get everything going for you.

Best of luck!

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

:) Thanks. I knew I'd get a boost of enthusiasm/encouragement by posting here.

Roy -- I absolutely agree that to make sales, one needs to get out there and make contacts, etc. That's how I did make my two sales thus far. And I did send you a PM - feel free to PM me back about any of the domains if you're interested.

GT - Thanks. :) I notice you're Canadian too. Do you do much in the way of sales in .ca domains? That's mostly what I've been working in...

Take care,
Christina

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am very proudly Canadian, but I don't deal much with .ca at all. In fact, I have only ever sold one .ca name...and it was a developed community which I got low $x,xxx for (but I spent months on it - more of a personal interest site than a business venture)

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool. What was the topic of the forum? did they come to you to buy or did you go to them?

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ChristinaInCanada said:
Cool. What was the topic of the forum? did they come to you to buy or did you go to them?

I felt like you recently then i I read a quote off one of the big buyers(forget who it was) he suggests develop is the key not selling,which now i am doing unless i get a significant offer for one,if we all done that it would make the domain selling more aggresive as less would be available,nbut i have noticed the days of even quality drops are drying up but the problem is there are to many speculators out there.
So now i have become more of a buyer and hope to have over a 100 sites within 12 months nothing special just adsense/info sites which can generate even a tiny income,it all adds up and while im waiting for a buyer to come along for the domain the price keeps going up as the traffic builds and the site becomes more popular.
Two choices then sit on them and hope someone comes alonfg and places a nice offer or develop them which increases value and creates an income at the same time.
I used to do the first but now ive just started to do the second which has been succesful som far !

Good Luck whatever you do !

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome advice, britishbulldog. Sedo pays so little - I think Adsense is a WAY smarter way to make any money on any site. I think I might do as you did and gradually work on creating a simple site for all my domains.

Thanks!

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think development is the way to go. If you believe you have good domains and a good portfolio then there is no need to try and sell. If you are parking I recommend Fabulous.com - forget sedo.
Remember we are only in the first stages of the internet - hang on in there for a few years if you can. Buy the best names you can afford - avoid the crap - buy good solid keywords - and I believe you can't go far wrong. Quality is far better than quantity.
Good luck.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ed30 said:
I think development is the way to go. If you believe you have good domains and a good portfolio then there is no need to try and sell. If you are parking I recommend Fabulous.com - forget sedo.
Remember we are only in the first stages of the internet - hang on in there for a few years if you can. Buy the best names you can afford - avoid the crap - buy good solid keywords - and I believe you can't go far wrong. Quality is far better than quantity.
Good luck.

For real ed !

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks again for the input and advice.
I think I was looking at it almost like flipping real estate - that I could buy some decent names, do some market research to find buyers and then quickly 'flip' the names for a small profit.

I'm realizing that long term might be more profitable...

Thanks again! :)

PS - and thanks for the hint about fabulous.com
Sedo pays HORRIBLY. I was surprised by how little they pay...

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ChristinaInCanada said:
Sedo pays HORRIBLY. I was surprised by how little they pay...

At least you got that right. :-D

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
At least you got that right. :-D

Put it this way i changed from sedo to adsense and my earnings are three times higher already and that was three days ago,i call it GREED !

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
Put it this way i changed from sedo to adsense and my earnings are three times higher already and that was three days ago,i call it GREED !

:-D I call it common sense.

Parking should only be a temporary measure whatever the names you hold.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you have to have a developed site to do adsense? or can you do it with a parked domain?

ChristinaInCanada

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the site has to be at least somewhat developed...or does Adsense allow for parked sites now? Doesn't there need to be some content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom