Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need favor - trusted member

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok..

I need a really big favor & was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help us out.

Basically, someone wants to buy one of my domains but I can't accept credit card payments thrugh paypal until I setup another paypal account as I don't want to convert my current account to Premier/Business as then paypal will charge me a % on ALL funds going into that account.

So I'm looking for a trsuted member - either someone I trust (long time forum member most likely) or someone I've delt with in the past - that can accept credit cards through their paypal account & then forward that money onto my account.

I'm willing to give 200 DNF to whomever can do this for me. It would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is kind of dangerous for someone to do because of the chance of a chargeback. Good luck and I hope somone can help you out but there is risk involved.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wanna say the person buying the domain is from dnforum but I'm not sure who it is as they found my domain via my site but mentioned dnforum.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it's a valuable transaction, use Escrow.com -- that way, Escrow.com can take the buyer's credit card, and then mail you a cheque afterwards (or direct deposit, or wire transfer, etc.). You can even offer to pay the Escrow fees, to sweeten the deal.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah... suppose I better mention how much.

$120

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chargeback window is open 120 days. If someone does this for you, they would be wise to hold the money for 120 days.

Just convert your paypal account, no biggie :) Hopefully you will be selling more than one domain, and will get a lot of use out of it.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess I will have to try & work something else out.... going to setup another account for credit card transactions as I would get all funds charged a % otherwise.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not that big of a %, for every $100 it's like $3.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This worked for me last month when I had a customer from South Africa who couldn't get a PayPal account...

1. Create a sub account at eNom for him,

2. Push a crappy name to that account,

3. Set the renewal cost to the buy price,

4. Get him to add a year to the crappy name,

5. Get him to push it back to you,

6. Wait a couple of days for the commission to come through,

7. Push the real domain to him.

You have to wait 90 days for the commission to become available, but it's safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom