Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need help aquiring typo domains!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

startyourengine

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have only recently got into the domain investment scene (about 3 months ago) but have been head down since then researching. I have aquired about 50 names which receive no traffic that I simply wish to hold on to and resell. However I am very interested in aquiring some typo domains to build parking income (have just joined 1plus.net). I have bought the stypo program to aid in finding typo domains but have had no success after searching literally thousands of domains (have searched the entire top 500 alexa rankings, many of the alexa country rankings and many from ranking.com). I can find many that are available but 0 available that have overture searches. Every single one I have seen (would be over 10,000 by now) that has overture searches is registered.

I am wondering if it is possible to find any good typo domains in today's world or if they have all been registered. Is it worth registering any without overture data or are they a waste of time? I realise that the overture data is only if someone types in domainname.com into a yahoo network search rather than domainname which is much more likely. Therefore many people could simply type domainname.com into their browser without searching for it but this is a risky step to register any of these without overture searches I believe.

Any thoughts or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Should I just stick to long term capital growth domains instead of worrying about typos?

Best regards
David
Australia :smile:

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
one way to get around such problems would be to make use of the Domain Research Tool ($129). this could help you register names (typos or not) with traffic at least. I acquired it recently and it has been of some help to me.
just my 2 pence!!
good luck mate!

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rule #1 Just because a domain does not have an overture with extension score does not mean it doesn't get traffic or revenue. I've backordered many typo domains I was sure would get tons of traffic, some do, some don't. Experience is the best teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom