Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wanted: Service need help: do i pay upfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0sh

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi,

i recently registered to this form after buying domain names. I found someone in my area online to help me develop a few of my domains. I have ZERO experience in this. And don't want to over trust someone i don't know very well...

He recommended that i set up a hosting account with Gates, and that i give him the info on the email they sent me after registration.

He wants me to prepay him for the hours he's going to work on my site.

Is this "normal practice"?

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing considering that I don't know him or his background.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

J0sh

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I recommend a 50/50 deal until you establish trust

M4tt

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not too sure about payment structure. However if you don't know him, don't pay him all upfront, that's asking for trouble.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can always use some kind of escrow service where you pay and then when the work is complete you tell them you are satisfied and he receives his money.

Instead of paying for the full thing, why not do it one domain at a time? You can pay him 50% and then the other 50% after completion. If you are satisfied, use him to develop more of your sites.

Regarding your login details, you can give him cPanel access, but do not give him the details to your billing area where you are getting your hosting.

bairo

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah i will always recommend 50/50 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom