Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need help fast how long to wait when your site goes down

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

MY site is down, last time this happen mysql DB when I checked just was not there. But I could not connect to the site at all, this time I can connect but get a error message.

After login to cpanel, the mysql DB is gone again no where to be found. My guess is the server lost the BD last time, I'm not sure this time though but it could be the same problem.

I got a back of the DB, but it had a error when I backed it up the first time. Then I just down load the whole site FTP to my desktop, it seems to have the DB there.

But how long do I wait, till I try to fix the problem.

Edited In:

Ok I tried submiting a help ticket at my host help desk, it has a error massage as well that says can't connect to DB. My guess is like last time, it will not let me add a BD to mysql at all. I'm not sure what I can do, but send a email to support but I'm 110% sure, they know and are working on it.

Domain Days 2024

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why wait if you can install it yourself.

Try deleting the old db and when you do a clean install use a different db name and user.

Make sure all info in your config file is updated then upload it all and trigger your db.

I'm not sure why you would wait?

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because it's a problem with my host server, last time it would not let me add a new DB at all. I edited in my message above, they must have the DB server on a different account or some thing.

I will try adding a bd this time, but it will be like last time it last a few hours. But I could not add anything to the mysql at all, then it just come back online again. I'm sending my host a email this time, this happen afew other times now. They should of had the problem fixed already, and mysql is 4.01 or some thing like that. It needs to be updated, unless that is what they keep trying to do and are having problems doing it.

Edited IN Again:

Well it's back up and running again, does anyone know of a good freeware/or cheap cpanel back up system. That I could run from my desktop and keep the backup on my desktop, that way I could burn it to a DVD as well. I could lost many many hours of work, if I don't get a good back made of the site changes as I go along ?

Also is there away, for me to keep a backup mysql DB on another server. That would kick in, if the main db server goes down on this host ?

Spinlock

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but if your host is losing your database fairly regularly, they need to replace some hardware... or you need to replace them. There's really no call for that kind of thing.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has happen a few times now, I hope it will not happen much more. I paid for a year hosting off them, and will only leave if it keeps happening.

I have 20 GB of scape and 200 GB of W/B, in a WHM resellers account with them. They have a fairly good rating, so I will wait and see how it goes going ahead. But you are right, there is no need for some thing like this to keep happen.

Nor can I keep letting my site go down, it's not a good thing all the way around. Although stuff happens, it should be fixed with in a short time. To insure it don't keep happen, I just hope it don't come to me having to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom