Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need help in buying domain and negotiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am in bad need of a domain. the seller is listing it for sale at 12,000$ at afternic and sedo . I do not have that amount to spend on single domain. I can afford like 4,000$

estibot value is 29,000$

what do you think is better

sending him low ball offers first like 500$ then go on little higher until I reach around the maximum I can pay

or I send the maximum I can pay from the beginning in one shot.

what do you all think as sellers and buyers?

thanks

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he may need money, so drop him a $1000 offer and wait for counter.

I agree that his asking price may not necessarily reflect what he will take. Do keep in mind that "even number" offers like $50, $100 and $500 are often viewed as rather "token" offers.

Going on the basis that you have to consider an amount that's reasonable for you, and lucrative enough for the seller to not want to turn this into a saga of negotiations, I would advise starting out on the high side, since for you, it's within reason, and for him, it's a sizable amount which would not be wise to counter at.

Working with your budget, I would offer $2,500. At the very least, that is over 20% of his ask (whereas $1,000 would be under 10%), so it's not like you're giving him a horrendously low offer.

If you would like, pm me the domain in question. I'd be glad to give you some unbiased, confidential insight.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$1,000 is a good starting point.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree with most, start with $1000... Then wait for his counter.

Tell him up front that 12K is WAY over your budget. Tell him your trying to decide on 2 other domains that are similar, and that you'll be choosing the one that's within your budget.

As much as you want it, DON'T let him know that, Take several days to reply back to him, maybe longer.

As for the Estibot value, it's completely WORTHLESS... Did the seller reply with Estibot's appraisal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom