Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need Help! Strange Circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a point by point description of what my situation is:

*I registered a large list of domains with traffic during Feb. of this year
*One domain in the list is a .org and the name of a large company
*A representative from the company contacted me last march and I told him I had no problem transferring them the name (I did not ask for compensation)
*The company representative who I spoke with asked me to hold it until April and they would request a transfer. In the meantime I agreed to forward it to their .com site
*I never heard from them nor did I receive a transfer request
*I contacted the company representative via email the first week in May and asked that he/they initiate the transfer. No response.
*I contacted him again in mid May, June, July and August a grand total of 8-10 times requesting they transfer the domain. No response
*I called the company last week and after reaching an operator at the corporate offices I asked for the representative who i had been emailing and was informed he is no longer with the company. I asked for the IT dept and she said they are not able to receive calls.
*I explained I have been trying to transfer them a domain name and I needed them to request a transfer (Like an idiot I told her the domain name).
*She stated she would have someone contact me (I gave here my phone number).
* I have not heard from anyone and it has been almost a week.

In your opinions should I just forget about the name and delete it from my account?
Will they have any recourse if I delete the name from my account?

Thanks very much for your opinions.

John

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A similar thing happened to me, however I still have the domain.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your circumstance is not all that strange.

Send them a letter, along with the historical correspondence, informing them that since they have not complied with the terms to which they had agreed, that they are to indicate whether you are to discontinue dns forwarding, or whether you are to continue to provide that service at your standard rate.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.

Healingsites I am definitely not renewing the domain in February. I wish I scrubbed my lists harder last year.

Radistar, Maybe it is the same company :)

John, thanks for the insight. Fortunately, my standard rates for forwarding a name are much higher than the industry average. :)

John

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fortunately, my standard rates for forwarding a name are much higher than the industry average.

I'm not surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom