Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need Help with a Sale on Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalambert05

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently sold a domain on sedo. I have given the authorization code to give the transfer and it was verified. Then the buyer asked for an invoice.
I made him an invoice and uploaded it. He rejected the invoice, and his comments for needing a new invoice said he thought I wasn't transferring the domain???

So now it says on my end, I haven't completed the invoice, and there is a red x also in the payment note section. I don't even know what that means, I have my paypal acct and address listed for a check.

I guess I am worried what is going to happen here since there is no clearcut guide to the selling process on sedo.

Am I sending the domain to sedo as "escrow" and they will transfer it on or what?

Any help appreciated.

iestates

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you transfer the domain to sedo or to the buyer? If you transferred it to Sedo, they will hold it for you and will not release it to the buyer. If you posted the authorization code in the post-sale area, then the buyer has access to it and I would immediately change the status of your domain to "locked," which will prevent the domain from being transferred.

For an invoice, just download an invoice Word template from microsoft.com if you don't have one.

lalambert05

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I did use a template. I know the invoice is fine. I think the buyer rejected it because he's unhappy he doesn't have the domain in his possession.

I have no idea if the auth code is for the buyer or sedo to move it. They took over 24 hrs to verify it though.

I think this whole process is very unnecessarily convoluded considering they are getting $75 commission. I will just wait until tomorrow and make a call into the CS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom