Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need help with UDRP/WIPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A client of mine operates his business and has a trademark for his company name in two Chinese Characters. However, the trademark is registered in US only. He recently lost one of his domain which is the translation of this two TM Chinese Characters and he would like to get it back. I have tried to send inquires to buy the domain, but I never heard back any response from them.

Because my client owns a very popular travel company in the Asian community in the United States, many people just use their Chinese names to operate the same travel business without any consent from my client. This seems to be impossible to stop because these company all register an legal corporation in a different English name, but advertise using the Chinese name.

Since my client is expanding and owns the trademark of this two Chinese words, my client wants to know what he can do to get back the chinese IDN version of the .com and the English version of his TM name. Again, since his TM is only registered in the United States, can he get back the names if it is currently own by someone oversea?

Is this the right place to start: http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/index.html

Can someone please help? Any guide is appreciated. Thanks.

Kindly Regards,

Kawing

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try writing to one of the lawyers here on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom