Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need Help!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmmp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a domain name that is on lowestdomainrates.com. The name was renewed someone within the last couple of weeks and record is as follows:

Record created on June 27, 2002
Record last updated on June 28, 2003
Record expires on June 27, 2004

I attempted to transfer the domain and Lowest Domain Rates said that it could not be transferred for 60 days for chargeback purposes which is BS!

1. How do I find out who they register through to issue a complaint?
2. Who can I report them to?

This name has traffic and I need it away from them - they charge for url forwarding, can you believe that! BEWARE OF THEM!!

Thanks,
FMMP

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Newly registered domain names cannot be transferred to another registrar for 60 days. That is a condition imposed by the registry.

Individual registrars may have additional policies to deal with the problem of chargebacks after renewal, and that does not seem to be an unreasonable condition. The chargeback problem among registrars is HUGE. When there is a chargeback, they are assessed more than the initial charge made to the credit account, and a surprising number of domains are registered with stolen or otherwise unauthorized accounts.

If they had posted their policy before the domain name was renewed, then you should have read it. If the domain name has traffic worth anything, then I can't imagine that their charge for URL forwarding can be that significant, nor that 60 days is going to kill you.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fmmp, signup at MyDomain.com. Go into your account at lowestdomainrates.com and change the nameservers for your domain to:

ns1.mydomain.com
ns2.mydomain.com
ns3.mydomain.com
ns4.mydomain.com

Once you have changed your name servers to this and listed the domain in your MyDomain account you will have FREE URL forwarding.

fmmp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks all it is just the principle of them attempting to be slick. LowestDomainRates.com is affiliated with ItsYourDomain.com. They're policies pertaining to the above are as follows:

Page url: http://www.itsyourdomain.com/documents/tos.php?ID=&IYD=1

1.3 Credit Card Charge Backs. In the event of a charge back by a credit card company or other non-payment by you in connection with your registration, renewal, or registrar transfer fee, you acknowledge and agree that the domain name registration shall be transferred to ItsYourDomain.com, that ItsYourDomain.com shall be deemed the entity that paid the registration, renewal, or transfer fee, and that ItsYourDomain.com shall have all rights regarding such domain name including, but not limited to, the right to sell the domain name to a third party. You further agree that your user account will be suspended, rendering all other domains in the account subject to the same terms as the domain charged back. ItsYourDomain.com may, in its sole discretion, reinstate your domain name registration, and/or access to your domain user account, upon its receipt of the registration or renewal fee and a US $200 reinstatement fee.

6. REGISTRAR TRANSFER
Registrant agrees that it can transfer one or more domain name registration, in accordance with ICANN or registry policy, from or to ItsYourDomain.com. Registrant also acknowledges and agrees that express authorization from someone with apparent authority to legally bind the domain name holder is required before such a transfer can occur. You can authorize the transfer of a registration to ItsYourDomain.com by completing the Registrar Transfer Application.

You agree that you shall not transfer your domain name registration until sixty (60) days have elapsed from the time of initial domain name registration. You agree that the transfer of domain name registrations may be refused if there is a dispute concerning the domain name or the domain name holder's identity. You further agree that you shall not transfer your domain name registration to another registrar if there are less than ten (10) days remaining in your registration term.

Nothing states a 60 day period after a renewal remember the domain was initially registered in 2002.

I am going to take JH3's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom