Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Need How-to Tips and Help on Marketing my website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi!
One of my website is a leading classifieds portal in the industry with about 50+ classifieds domains masked to it ("cityname'+classifieds.com). example ... mumbaiclassifieds.com , bengaluruclassifieds.com, newdelhiclassifieds.com , usaclassifieds.org, ukclassifieds.org and so on....

It is free classifieds portal existing since 2004 and has 40000+ registered users .
I assume about 25% must be dead / inactive users.

The reason I have made this thread is to know, how i can commercially explore the registered users database ?

I know , it is a good base and mostly indian targetted audience.
But can anyone help me on this?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can be clearer, as is what you are trying to accomplish.

BGray

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to ensure you have permission to market to your user base. If you don't have any notification on the site that they will be sent emails you are in a tough spot.

So...

If you don't notify them of that option on the site during signup ADD That Now
You also need to state if their email will be sold to any other party (I suggest you don't do that).

If you don't have an email policy clearly stated you should definitely start with an email letting them know you are updating the "newsletter" or email list and giving them the option to Opt-Out. You must always give them the option to do this.

Your list is big and doesn't seem like it is too targeted which can be a problem. You might want to contact companies like Aweber, iContact and Infusionsoft about the size of your list and the cost to send regular emails.

To make money from the list you need to market product/services they are interested in. You can promote affiliate products or help someone launching a product on a commission/jv basis.

Hope that helps!

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks BGray. Yes, the sites have the option to subscribe to email policy and de-register it .
But all said, it is just a list with not much about their interests etc. (that's a good suggestion)

As I am using a product available in market with few limitations, I think I have to get to either a more detailed product with all the things available
Gosh, that will cost me a developer license (and in few, unlimited lincese software) . I can smell low $xxxx

I have to now do some more rresearch as the user base has increased to 46k+..
Homework !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom