Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Wanted: Service Need PHP code for services similar to www.co.cc

Status
Not open for further replies.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am wondering whether anyone here can provide me with some PHP functions to build a service similar to www.co.cc

If you take a look at www.co.cc, members can manage their own DNS and zone records. I am basically clueless regarding these subjects.

I do understand PHP, so what I need is some kind of PHP functions to set the nameservers and zone records. I just call these functions with some parameters, and they will do the work (and return the status).

The PHP code needs to be fully commented.

Is there any existing PHP code that does this?

Also, what do I need to build such project?
Is one VPS enough?
How many IP addresses do I need?
Is there any commercial software needed, or does everything I need already come with the basic UNIX installation?

If you think you can answer my needs, please send me a quote through PM. I will let you know if it fits my budget ;)

P.S. I am not looking for a website clone... I just need some PHP functions to set the nameservers and zone records, that's all. And with some explanations also.

andrejc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe that this is what you are looking for.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Andre.

I took a quick look, but I don't understand how it can fulfill what I want?

Can it be used to provide a similar service to www.co.cc ?

Let's say my domain is xx.yy, I want other people to be able to open www.xx.yy (my website) and then register "theirname.xx.yy" automatically. I don't think this can be accomplished by using afraid.org ?

nudotfm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been supplying free names for a few years now. All you need is Mydns it uses mysql and I am assuming you are running lamp. The software will replace the default bind and pulls the records (A,CNAME,MX,NS) etc. from the db.

It also includes a simple php program to manage the records (add,delete and modify).

Hope this helps.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mydns sounds great, but I will need some time to learn more about this.
I don't fully understand how to program DNS.
Anyway, thank you so much for the info!

P.S. I created an account at register.nu.fm but I couldn't register/manage any domain.. Did you customize Mydns for your nu.fm? Or is it a turnkey script?

nudotfm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi hina,

mydns is great.

I recently sold the .com's that were running on my free service and the original code base is based on an old versions of my web application development system aka wads sourceforge.net/projects/wads.

checkout http://gb.gd for the latest version I am working on.

Currently you can create as many domains as you like with full error checking on domain names, you can set up urlforwards and it has an index page delivery mode, my way of connecting the domains to free webspace services without using the old way of frames.

I have yet to add statistics for the domains, free email with the domains and dns record editing so you can connect the domains to any hosting service.

The principals of dns are very easy. I don't know your plans for service. If it is a multi user service, your going to need session management, a template system and a lot of error checking on the records. More complex than just updating the mysql based dns records.

Checkout gb.gd and try and create an invalid domain, it detects the errors and corrects the name to a valid one.

All the development is my own. I have been developing and testing wads for a couple of years now. I am proud of this 20kb code, it is the core of all my websites. :)

The idea is any php programmer can, start developing their sites without worrying about session management, text based templates, group management and even deliver applications securely. All running of one core file. :) Upgrade the core and you've upgraded it all.

I have some seventy sites running of the core. ;-)

Yes all the code is my own.

If you need more help shout.

Regards.:yes:

bildy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are still looking for help, please send me a PM. I have been a Webmaster professionally for several years as well as a software developed/systems administrator.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the extensive explanation, nudotfm.
I am planning to create a domain service similar to www.co.cc.
Also, I haven't been able to download the source code for WADS?

bildy: PM sent.

nudotfm

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks hina,

anytime you need help shout. you are right it is time to release wads, it would be a great feeling to know people are using my code. :)

I have so much work to do, to release my math discoveries and technologies derived from the maths.

you should be able to see my killer demo for wads online within the week, I have just finished the xml render engine using my first ever recursive php function.

basically its the fastest way to generate xml on the planet, there are no closing tags in my quick language and its human language friendly, all powered by my maths.

I am toying with the idea of releasing the code base of http://xmlkiller.com with wads, so all people can benefit from my work.

What do you think hina?

Package the xmlkiller site as the included demo of wads, freely downloadable from sourceforge.net.

Or

Run xmlkiller as software as a service, with free and chargeable options.

Of course any reader is welcome to pass comment.

hina

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uh, I find it difficult to understand the XML thing, but sure a demo would be great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom