Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

need quick escrow help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am using escrow wire service for the first time (before i used cheques sent by mail from escrow!)

now they ask me this in the wire fields.

ABA Routing Number / SWIFT Code:
International Routing Code / Sort Code:

COULD SOMEONE FROM THE UK please give me an example of what these would be? i called my bank, they never heard of a aba routing number and such number doesn't exist in my cheque book, so i guess i need the help of someone in uk who has used this service please.

Thanks alot.

Domain Days 2024

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
Hi

I am using escrow wire service for the first time (before i used cheques sent by mail from escrow!)

now they ask me this in the wire fields.

ABA Routing Number / SWIFT Code:
International Routing Code / Sort Code:

COULD SOMEONE FROM THE UK please give me an example of what these would be? i called my bank, they never heard of a aba routing number and such number doesn't exist in my cheque book, so i guess i need the help of someone in uk who has used this service please.

Thanks alot.

Your bank should give them you,its standard procedure otherwise youre money will never arrive in the right place,ask them for the swift code and sort code not the routing number because they wont have a clue and you should be o.k !

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

i got my swift code now, can i just ask how long your international routing code is? mine is pretty long! EG (numbers have been changes but the length is the same)
GB89RBOS92790300645591

does the above length / numbers generally look right for a International Routing Code or should it just be xx-xxxx ?

Thanks.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ABA is for the US. SWIFT is international.

That looks like a combo of the routing number AND the account number? Usually the SWIFT is under 10 characters, from the ones I've seen. Usually 8, if I'm not mistaken.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
its what i used in sedo IBAN (internation code) and all my transactions were done fine, just wondering if IBAN is the same as international routing code !

Bender

Bending
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
looks correct, mine has the same length.
one correction, that's not the swift code, that's the account number in the new banking system.
swift has 8 chars, as George said.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, now the unfortuante thing is i have about 8 x $900 transactions and each one will charge me $40 per wire fee lol, i asked and they said they wouldn't bundle it up as one transaction :-( not to mention i was already charged about $50 per transaction escrow fee :-(

well never mind, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom