Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need Serious Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbalagh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have something that has seriously raised my concern. I had a user sign up for a hosting account today for my biggest package of 179.00 a year. Paid with eheck. This is not that part that has raised my concern, my concern comes here. They signed up for a domain called asdsadsa.lkd I have never heard of an ext like that. And all the user info that he supplied me in the whm says that instead of his name, address, etc etc. Should i delete the account and refund the money on paypal. Please advice soon.

Thanks

Domain Days 2024

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal doesn't guarantee payment ... if the echeck, etc comes back "bad" (often one won't know for many days or even weeks), you're on the hook for that money, plus additional penalties.

The refund part is where things get tricky ... you should be able to simply refund the money (use only the refund button!) and that should be it ... however, in the world of PayPal, things may not be all that simple - don't be surprised if PayPal hits you with a small penalty, etc ... but that still beats being on the hook for the whole $179.

When it comes to on-line transactions, it's often best to err on the side of caution and cancel/refund sales even if that means some legit ones are effected too.

Ron

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not open the account until the echeck clears, Paypal always send this notice:
"This eCheck payment will remain "Uncleared" until the funds clear from the sender's account, which usually takes 3-4 business days. If you are shipping an item, please do not ship your item until the funds clear into your PayPal account. You will be notified by email when the funds clear into your PayPal balance."

So just do not activate the account, until finds cleared. Looks strange. And even if cleared, you still should watch the account closely if is not spammers or phishers account.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as denny said
let the echeck clear only then setup his account.

Also if he is using your servers to spam etc it might affect your business seriously. Be careful with this.

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He could potentially have to wait upwards of 60 days to know if the funds are really "good" or not.

After a check (ACH in this case) is "cleared" the funds are made available on a provisional basis for a period of time ... for ACH, that time can be as much as 60 days!

Does PayPal guarantee the funds after "clearing" ... I bet they don't ... if I'm mistaken, please point me to the part in their book-long TOS that indicates otherwise.

In short, don't let the word "clear" fool you ... one can't rely on that alone - and that goes for regular checks, etc too - for those it's 10 business days for domestic checks; can be weeks for foreign items.

Definitely take a spin over to PayPalSucks for the real scoop on echecks, etc; to be fair, some of the problems people have with PayPal are similar to those they could have with most any electronic payment service.

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom