Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Need some advice selling premium domain names

fohteh

Level 1
Reaction score
Hello friends

I'm need some advice from you people. I have been holding about 15 premium domain names for over 4 years now. And most extensions like, .online, .directory, .media etc.They are not anyone can be interested but some big industrial firms definetely would want to buy for their specific marketing strategies. I also can name those companies too. The problem is I'm already in touch and doing business with those industrial firms in high level so I can't propose such offer that may hurt the business I own.

I have listed those domains for sale in number of sites but this is not the way of getting some serious investment offer since people are looking for very cheap and general domain names and I haven't seen such big buys on those sites.

What will your suggestion be?

Domain summit 2024

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to admit that I am a little dubious to the fact that you own premium properties in various extensions. Usually, at this point in time, premium property refers to .com or the local ccTLD. Also premium property have multiple buyers, thats one of the definition of a premium domain. If your names only have a single or few buyers each, they are not premium.

But in the end if you are not willing to approach potential buyers and ask, you will never know. If you are not willing to do it yourself, see if you can find a domain broker to approach them. Hard though if your domains and not premium as you claim.

fohteh

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi Castion..I think I was mistaken with the phrase -premium- what I meant is that they are very good domain names and can be easily offered to some companies. Thank you for correcting me. Those domain names can be offered to multiple buyers for sure. Those companies we are in touch with serious competitors in the global market for the area of their business.

Unfortunately, I could not find a trustworthy domain broker. Even I told them I can give the list of companies to be approached.

Can you name some of the good domain brokers?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

do any of these companies already have a website/

is the extension of the site they use a .com?

is your domain shorter or more descriptive than the domain they currently use?

have you received any inquiries or offers for these domains that you have?

just because you can "offer" to sell a domain to a company, doesn't mean they need or want it.
explain why should they buy it and at what price will it cost?

also, I hate to talk about unknowns, so maybe you can post them in Appraisal section, so they can be evaluated.

imo...

fohteh

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi

Yes, they all have a website.

yes. com. mostly

More descriptive. Actually, the domain names we hold are specifically for their products they compete in the global market. For example, there are 2 companies selling apples and the domain is something like buyapples.shop. Since there are 15-20 huge industrial companies in the world that are competing for the same products, they will for sure interested in acquiring to make better marketing strategy, and they are very active on social media etc.

Yes we did actually, between 10K-20K US each with private e*mails. we don't know the investors. But we didn't sell them, we believe they worth much more.

I think the appraisal sections for more general domain names. They can't be evaluated by people who don't know the industry.

I know Biggie. We just need some good and trustworthy domain brokers.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know Biggie

Hi

not trying to be sarcastic, but...

since "you know", then why ask for advice?
as it seems you already know what you want, and who you want to do it for you.

imo...

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you got 10-20K offers on your ngTLD domain names.. Take the money and run

fohteh

Level 1
Reaction score
lso, I hate to talk about unknowns, so maybe you can post them in Appraisal section, so they can be evaluated.

Me too.

Can you suggest any good domain broker?

we got offers with private mails, we don't know who we are dealing with.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they offer 5 figs for almost any ngtld, send them a link for escrow. That is most likely the best you will get. Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Enerika

I'M ALL EARS... "FINALLY (thanks)!"
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why not keep them registered to be safe and send them (privately) to one of the people working here at DNForum you have already been talking to here on this thread, where you may get some, educated, experienced, well-grounded, down to earth opinions and observations, positive or not? You seem to be backing out of getting the advice you are requesting in this thread...are you really ready for the truth, as others see it...even or especially if it differs from your own of the past fruitless 4 years? Isn't it time for an end to sitting on the edge of POSSIBILITY?!
Or stay comfortable where you have already chosen to BE.

Paro

Reaction score
lenty of domain registrar sites like GoDaddy offer search tools to do that research. If you find an available domain, you can likely get it for anywhere from $10 to $20 US dollars, but if it's already taken and for sale by a third party (known as aPremiumdomain), then you'll end up paying significantly more.

fohteh

Level 1
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies and sorry for not replying them earlier. I have contacted more than 8 domain name brokers but since they look for more easy to sell domain names to take care, they are not interested. Most replies were -We only work on liquid .com domains- Surprisingly I sold one of the domain name for XXk USD. I acted as my own domain broker with a nickname and the company replied. :)

This time I did man, I did..

Thats how you usually get offers.. You awaiting some corporate guy calling you?

It does not matter who you are dealing with.. Just ask for Escrow.

Well I did later. But the the guy who emailed me for the domain name didn't reply.

Why not keep them registered to be safe and send them (privately) to one of the people working here at DNForum you have already been talking to here on this thread, where you may get some, educated, experienced, well-grounded, down to earth opinions and observations, positive or not? You seem to be backing out of getting the advice you are requesting in this thread...are you really ready for the truth, as others see it...even or especially if it differs from your own of the past fruitless 4 years? Isn't it time for an end to sitting on the edge of POSSIBILITY?!
Or stay comfortable where you have already chosen to BE.

Enerika, I do have my own business for a living. I have enough finances to bury them to my grave, and I'm very comfortable believe me. I'm just trying to make use of those idle domain names.

DomainTrader

Domain Name Expert/Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you took the money I would suggest reinvesting in .com and forgetting about these alt extensions that the average person has never even heard of much less is anxious to pay real money for!

MapleDots

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Usually, at this point in time, premium property refers to .com or the local ccTLD. Also premium property have multiple buyers, thats one of the definition of a premium domain. If your names only have a single or few buyers each, they are not premium.

This is probably one of the most poignant statements I have read on the forums.

That statement should be posted on the top of any premium marketplace.

Great Comment @Castion :cool:

PS... there is no thumbs up emoticon

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You should see a Like/thumbs up Frank

fohteh

Level 1
Reaction score
Can you tell us the domain name?
I'm sorry can't name it, it's on contract. it's a xxxx.digital domain

If you took the money I would suggest reinvesting in .com and forgetting about these alt extensions that the average person has never even heard of much less is anxious to pay real money for!
You are right, but I'm not a domain trader. I mean I don't make a living from it. :) Those domain names I invested in are all related to to my current business but more niche..So I'm just trying to sell them out. I don't think I'll invest domain names anymore..To be honest, xxK US feels good. So I can understand why there's a huge market..

This is probably one of the most poignant statements I have read on the forums.

That statement should be posted on the top of any premium marketplace.

Great Comment @Castion :cool:

PS... there is no thumbs up emoticon
He is for sure correct about the premium domain name definition. Well, I put my hands on xxK US. So it is a premium for me.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators