Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

saadmubeen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a domain which I have registered a year back and I have just renewed it for this year. Suddenly when the Cricket World Cup 2011 started I have gotten 1110 uniques visitor in 15 days and earned $9.94 via Sedo Parking!

A domain which I was letting it to expire has recovered its renewal fees in 15 days. Now I want to sell this domain b/c I feel this is the best time to sell this domain.

This domain is not generic, not a keyword, it was my first ever domain.Can anyone help me Sell it or broker it for me! Still more than 20 days left for the World Cup to end and if it will sell for a decent sum. I'll be more than happy.

Help me lads!
Saad

Last edited:

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Saad,
I'd be surprised if you found a broker for a $300 name. It's earned back it's reg fee, so register it for another year, that'll give you time to find yourself a buyer.

Just my opinion.

RMG

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
- search Google for potential end users
- use GoDaddy Premium listings
- use SEDO featured domains
- etc, etc

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree - most brokers won't want to take on a domain like this. $20 a month is a nice chunk f change but it won't be consistent. Jilo's estimation of $300 is a little optomistic IMO.

A domain which I was letting it to expire has recovered its renewal fees in 15 days. Now I want to sell this domain b/c I feel this is the best time to sell this domain.

Why is now the best time? The traffic seems temporary, especially if it is year (2011) specific. For an end user before now would have been the best time to buy. For a traffic buyer, 15 days worth of traffic is no where near a gauge of how the traffic will be - many traffic buyers will want months (if not years) worth of traffic reports.

If it is year specific (or specific to this year only) - enjoy the traffic and revenue as it tapers down after the event. If it can be used every year, watch how the traffic slows down then market it around December 2011 / January 2012 (domainers and end users).

If you really want to try to sell it, RMG has the right idea - even try to list it here in the sales forums (don't list the domain in this thread).

superbiz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
keep it, as it is earning you money

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's probably a time-sensitive domain. It might be obsolete when the competition is over. Plus, it could have TM issues. Can't tell without knowing the domain.

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree - most brokers won't want to take on a domain like this. $20 a month is a nice chunk f change but it won't be consistent. Jilo's estimation of $300 is a little optomistic IMO.

I could've sworn the OP posted that he wanted to sell the name for $300-500. I think my eyes need testing..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom