Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need some help, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently attempted to purchase a domain at ENOM. However it was unsuccessful. I tried 4 times for
the same thing and they all failed. Yet I realized that it had locked up funds for up to 4 times the cost deeming
funds i need unavailable according to my online suncorp statement. After requesting help to get ENOM to
release the funds i got the following:

If the order fails: if the address, zip, or card verification number fails, a pre-authorization was sent to your
bank for this order. This will put a temporary hold on your funds, even though the sale will NOT process, and you
will not be charged.
Banks vary in the amount of time they hold your funds waiting for a charge to come through. After their required
time, your bank will automatically release these funds when they do not get a charge against it. We cannot force
them to release your funds earlier than their procedures allow.

I visited my bank yesterday and they informed me that they don't release the funds and wait for
authorization from the other end (the merchant) in this case ENOm to release the funds.

I am unclear as to what is happening, and as you can see if each is waiting for the other the funds will be tied up
indefinitly. My Girlfriend and I need those funds to be available for other payments.

Any advice. Cheers!:confused:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom's explanation is correct - it is your bank who should release the funds after a set period. However I am sure that if you explain the situation to Enom they will assist you.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks MrWebname. How long does it take for someone to reply from enom. I emailed tham 2 days ago and still no reply. I got the help from their help manual.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I share your frustration and I hope your issue gets resolved ASAP! Please let us know...

Did you try calling eNom?

The do list tel #'s under "About Us" at their site.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will do. Have you had any troubles like this before trafficmonster? anything similar?

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As an aside, GoDaddy, NameCheap, and NameScout all respond very quickly to queries. NameScout is too expensive but the other two have appx. $9.00 registration fees. Most of the others take days to, I am not kidding, a week or more. Some NEVER respond.

Good Luck!

Jon

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok sorted this all out now. Had to get the bank to unhook the funds manually. However they said that if you wait to 2 to 3 the funds automaticaly unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom