Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need some insight on promotion using my domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTarget

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have several domains that I had parked on my own domain seller site, but recently parked them with SEDO to see if I could earn more money and get more offers. Before I was not concerned with really promoting them, but now have too many. Therefore it has become more of a priority of mine to put them to use and selling many of them. So I am new to all of this.

I created the domain seller site simply as a place to redirect unused domains, before I realized that I could earn revenue parking them somewhere else. I kinda want to take the domain seller site down alltogether, if I don't decide to re-park them there.

I am considering using my domains to drive traffic to my strongest revenue generating site, which is a betting site. So I would like any feedback on this list of things that I have considered doing:

Redirecting all the domains to my betting site and just assume that if someone really wants one of my domains they will do a whois-search and send me an offer.
--I think I could definetly earn more when compared to my possible SEDO earnings, unless I miss out on a possible domain sell.

Only redirect my gambling related domains to the betting site.
--Then again might miss out on a domain sell.

Creating single page sites for my gambling domains, full of key words, that will tell customers to click through to my betting site. I think this would be called a doorway page.
--This might create more search engine traffic, but I heard that search engines might punish several sites with the same content.

Popping up my betting site behind or in front of my SEDO parked pages.--Then maybe I could get a bird with two stones.

If anyone has had experience with this matter or can think of better scenerios please let me know.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, I find this works well.

www.jjd.net for example.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How i see things,

1. If someone really wants your name, they will find you through Whois for sure. In my experience, people who come acrross your site with no intention of buying your domain to begin with, won't be persuaded to do so even if you put a "For Sale" sign.

2. I would stay away from Sedo, and park it at some other revenue generating place if you have too.

Why?

Because, if the visitors get to your parked @ Sedo site, and through numerous Sedo links there they see that there are other thousands and thousands of domain names for sale there (some of them superb,) they might loose interest in your name, and look for some better ones there. And that is a risk, I am not willing to take for a few pennies a day.

In other words, Sedo stands to gain much more from your site being parked with them, than you do.

But, that's just my opinion... although I'm sticking with it.

WorldTarget

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elusive_kudo said:
How i see things,

1. If someone really wants your name, they will find you through Whois for sure. In my experience, people who come acrross your site with no intention of buying your domain to begin with, won't be persuaded to do so even if you put a "For Sale" sign.

2. I would stay away from Sedo, and park it at some other revenue generating place if you have too.

Why?

Because, if the visitors get to your parked @ Sedo site, and through numerous Sedo links there they see that there are other thousands and thousands of domain names for sale there (some of them superb,) they might loose interest in your name, and look for some better ones there. And that is a risk, I am not willing to take for a few pennies a day.

In other words, Sedo stands to gain much more from your site being parked with them, than you do.

But, that's just my opinion... although I'm sticking with it.

Thanks, that actually makes good sense and makes me want to just go ahead and redirect the traffic to one of my websites. That way I get free clicks without paying for advertising.

The only thing is if I did this then people might not know the domain is for sale.

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but if you redirect all the traffic to your betting site... it seems some traffic are wasted, because surely some traffic is not gambling, betting traffic, so they will just leave your site. If you redirect to related website, you might just earn a few more. Unless you are also earning banner impression in your main site.

just my 2 cents.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think if you park your names @ DomainSystems or Fabulous the person doesn't see any other places to find other "better" domains, but they still know the domain is for sale. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom