Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Need some WordPress & vBulletin info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I am doing some information gathering and would like to know APPROXIMATELY how many files there are in a Wordpress installation? How about a vBulletin install? What are some other common web software packages out there and approximately how many files do they contain?

I am looking for an approximate number. Is it 1000? 2000? 4000? 5000? 8000? 20,000?

If you start plugging addons to either one of these, does that add a lot of files?

What are some other popular web software packages and the approximate file counts?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

-Bob

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the best question is,..

Which has the most total filesize unzipped.

vB is pretty dang big but provides the most functionality.

WP is less but provides only basic blog functionality.

Compare download size, and although not directly a comparison of server load on pageview, does provide the total filesize of the core product.

Server load is such a wide-changing variable depending on what page or resource the visitor lands on which determining demand.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wordpress 3.3.1 (latest) has around 1000 files.

WP plugins can range from 1 - 100's maybe even 1000's of files.

Another popular CMS is Joomla, no idea bout file count though. If I was to guess it would have more files then WP.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. There is a very specific reason I need to know the number of files. Anybody know the approximate number of files in Joomla?

<edit>

Joomla has about 4800

</edit>

Last edited:

sdiggles

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm so curious why you need to know the file counts....you could always find them just by running command prompt and typing dir in that directory.

At the bottom it will show you the file count...

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree.

The aggregate size is the only issue that could affect your host solution choices.

And more files means that the server can call up only what it needs to process the queries thereby reducing cpu loads.

Number of files technically just doesnt matter much.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I agree.

The aggregate size is the only issue that could affect your host solution choices.

Number of files technically just doesnt matter much.

Mark -

There is/was a VERY specific reason I wanted this information, and it is EXTREMELY relevant to what I am doing. File sizes (or the aggregate total of all files) do not concern me in this case.

I understand where you are coming from, and I appreciate that you are trying to keep what looked like a misguided question, on track. But, in this case, I needed to simply know the answer to those questions. :)

Regards,

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom