Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need to grab a domain but .org or .us

Status
Not open for further replies.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone......

I need to grab a domain ASAP, but need to know what is better to get a .us or the .org. If all things being the same, is a .us or .org better for reselling ?

What one has more value, from what I seen the .org would seem to have more value. But I can't say for sure, but need to know ASAP.

Thanks! Tim

Domain Days 2024

kiviniar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
woulnt go with any of them......com rules...

but if u have to make a choice i believe a .us would be more valuable than a .org...(that is if you intent to build it)...

US has the biggest market followed by the EU.....

most of the million dollor sites have 80% participation coming from the US

however, a .org would have a more universal appeal...you have a lot anti us feeling going around

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on the name, but not knowing the name I would go with the .org

If it is for commercial purposes .us

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't give the name away, but I can say it should be very big indeed.

The .com, .net .biz, and .eu are gone, some one had them before all this I guess.

My choices are .us and, .org, and the .info is there.

kiviniar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well in that case .us would be my bet.....but anyways why not reg both...if you believe that they will make it big....confusion solved

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense to me to register either. If the name needs to be memorable then the extension needs to be memorable as well. Choose another name with .com or risk a lot of your type-in traffic going to someone elses site.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can also get the 3 word name in .net, I'm 110% there will be alot of type ins coming for it. May be that would be better, but it's long but is the right 3 words for it ?

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got 4 domains for windows new photo format, with a 12:1 compression that is 2X the compression of jpeg.

If you read the ( Emerging Technologies-- Domains to Buy ), I put links to details about it. It looks like this one is the real deal, and will be in the new windows they are beta testing right now for release soon.

Let me know what you think of the domains, after you check out the other post.

It's called Windows Media Photo, the short is WMphoto you will see the short used at the links.

I got these 4 domains for it,

1) WMphoto.org WMphoto .org

2) WMphoto.us WMphoto .us

3) MyWMphoto.com My WMphoto .com

4) WindowsMediaPhoto.net Windows Media Photo .net

Windows will be using the format across all their programs and system, this time they will have RAW support built right it as well. With photo files getting so big, and windows rearch as well as them using specail printing paper for it.

People will be using it all the time, it will be like just plug your cam in and it works. Hardware makers will be supporting it across the broad, and jpeg 2000 never really got off the ground right. So I'm sure this new WMphoto format is a winner, please let me knew what you think of the domains I got and your thoughts.

Thanks! Tim

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not get both?

I've sold both before.. I believe.. if memory serves, .org still performs better than .us in resale though. type in rates too.

My guess is only 25-30% of people in the US know about .us right now. whereas 80% or so a familiar and comfy with .org... but may confuse it for a charity organisation obviously.

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did get both see my last post, I got these 4 domains for windows new photo format with 12:1 compression. It's called Windows Media Photo, WMphoto is the short for it this will be on all new windows system going ahead......

1) WMphoto.org

2) WMphoto.us

3) MyWMphoto.com

4) WindowsMediaPhoto.net

I'm still hoping to get some thoughts, on the domains I got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom