Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Need to know what KrisKardashian.com is worth

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Jschultz120

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently won KrisKardashian.com on a no reserve auction for only $6. The seller is now refusing to let the domain go claiming it is worth $15,000 now and in the ballpark of $100,000 when she changes her last name back to Kardashian. I am waiting on an appraisal to decide whether or not it's worth legal action..but I figured some feedback from you all would be helpful too! Please help!

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What it's worth or not might be irrelevant. If she does change her name back, the owner might just lose it in a UDRP. Some celebrities go after domain owners of their name that have no legal right to own and use the name.

However, if you want the name and won if fair and square then the seller should go through with the deal. Maybe the owner of the name doesn't realize that it might not be worth anything more than a headache in a UDRP case.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens to the domain owner if she decides she wants it, you won the domain. I am amazed it was a no reserve and you got it for only $6. WOW ! Where was this ? This is a black or white issue and the seller is reneging, depending on where you won it (eBay won't do anything for example) they could be banned and should be. Name and shame them on domain forums, I've been on your side but I was OK not getting the domain after all and the asshole got banned

Appraisals are useless if automated and it looks like you paid for a real person but that too is subjective and those people may know less than you. If you're new, learn to research on your own to value your domains. Fight this, it's like once in a lifetime. She will change her name to Kris Kardashian, you can bet on that. And if you lose any legal challenge you only paid $6 ! LMFAO so you can't really go wrong here. There are legit ways owning a person's name could be justified and I won't get into that, so unless she TMd that name or has a venture named that, then it's fair game :p

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am waiting on an appraisal to decide whether or not it's worth legal action..but I figured some feedback from you all would be helpful too! Please help!
Excuse me, but are you serious ? Spending your own money based upon the opinions of others ? Suing somebody based on advice from members of a forum that is not even a legal forum ?
This is wrong. Only you can determine the stakes.

By the way, celebrity names are usually treated as trademarks for UDRP purposes.
It is discouraged to invest in this type of domains unless you have good a reason like setting up a fan site.
This name is probably a liability. Why not focus on domain names that do not pose obvious TM issues ?

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Kardashians have been filing UDRPs like crazy recently... khloekardashian.com, kardashianbeauty.com, kenalljenner.com, kyliejenner.com...

Stay away from the name imo

Pandemic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can file a dispute with ICANN, and if you prevail they will transfer the domain to you. And I believe it's free, but not sure.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators