Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Need urgent help with backorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplified shock

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

There is a domain registered at Godaddy that expires in 1-2 days so I purchase GD's DomainAlert Pro Backordering, but found out someone already backordered the domain.

I'm new to backordering so I don't really know what happens next. Do I watch the tdnam.com for the domain and bid for it? Or should I go to pool or snapnames and backorder it there?

Thanks.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If GD catches it, it will go to auction where the buyers (and anyone else who wants to jump in) can duke it out with their wallets.

Check TDNAM for it, too.

Just because its dropping though GD doesn't mean GD will catch it. See if Pool and Snapnames also have it on their lists (with those two you don't pay unless they catch it for you).

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the domain expires in 1-2 days, the domain will go to the Go Daddy TDNAM.COM auction site if the current owner doesn't renew it after an 18 grace period. A bid at TDNAM will override a basic 'Investor's Edge' backorder (what you bought) for Go Daddy (and related registrars) registered names only. Be aware that many domains are renewed at the last minute (including some of mine!).

A domain leaves a Go Daddy user account exactly 18 days after expiration if it isn't renewed. It goes to TDNAM 2-4 days later, typically and will be there for bidding for 10 days. If no one bids, the backorder will get the name (but only if no one bids). Go Daddy does lock out backorders once a name goes to TDNAM for auction. Also note that the old owner does have the right to pay an $80.00 premium to redeem his name for 6-7 days after an auction ends which will obviate the auction results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom